The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who would be best for refurbishing these?

tayr

I've got a set of VOLK GT-7's that at first i hated, but i've really grown to like them.

I don't see the point in swapping them out for a cheaper set of non-forged JR reps of any kind, and my budget doesn't quite stretch to new ones or BBS LM.

Would a "general" wheel refurb company be able to sort these out including the bolts? And would they be able to do anything with the centre caps.

Or is there anywhere else people use for wheels like these? I've tried contacting volk directly but they dont respond.

I'd like to get them back to their former glory if i can, or similar. Like the pic below

IMG_1129.jpgIMG_1131.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Get a fridge magnet, see if it has the same kind of pull as say the middle of your door .

Will give that a try, thank you

I'd pretty sure the arches aren't flat along there and have these dimples/weld marks?

Sorry if i've misunderstood but you think thats normal?

I'm 99% the flat tucked under part of the arches aren't completely smooth yes........been trying to search a picture

The wheel arch is double skin with weld spot marks along its length. Where these marks are would suggest to me that its had fender/arch protectors clipped onto the arches at some time in its life and the clips have left a small impression in the paint.

The wheel arch is double skin with weld spot marks along its length. Where these marks are would suggest to me that its had fender/arch protectors clipped onto the arches at some time in its life and the clips have left a small impression in the paint.

interesting.. so theoretically the supra may have had a bad boy budget wide body at some point lol!

Definitely didn't have marks like this visible looking straight at the side on my cars, on the lip that goes into the wheel arch yes maybe

I think that's the bit on the pics? the lip that goes into the wheel arch? I don't think these marks are on the outer wing surface!? The white paint is perhaps not helping to show that?

I think that's the bit on the pics? the lip that goes into the wheel arch? I don't think these marks are on the outer wing surface!? The white paint is perhaps not helping to show that?

Correct, it's on the bit that rolls under. Not the outside edge

Either way, i'm 6 months into Supra ownership now and love absolutely everything about it. Warts n all