The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New car discounts

Dnk

I don't really look to much at new car deals but is there more discounts available

these days ?

I see Sytner BMW in B'ham has gone, is this a sign of the times

Just looked through Autotraders BMW deals and some big chunks of cash being

taken off the RRP

8 series convertible with over £11k off

4 series 430D with £12k off

and an I8 roadster with £22k off

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Dunk, you seem to be in a bit of a indecision loop!? Like a sort of performance/newness/value loop?

Where you get two but not quite all three. Sounds like you can afford pretty much whatever but don't want to see the value diminish too much, you seem to have moved away from old alternatives (don't want the hassle? want the newness factor for a change? performance not quite there now?) that won't depreciate much SLK32, SC430, 650i etc

I can understand the situation, I have more disposable these days but am almost more careful/indecisive than when I had next to nothing!?

Buy this lovely thing........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M6-5-0-V10-SMG-Convertible-Interlagos-Blue-Silverstone-Leather-71k-miles/254385506253?hash=item3b3a8ec7cd:g:pjgAAOSw9MRdn5-w

....and a rabbit's foot :D

Dunk, you seem to be in a bit of a indecision loop!? Like a sort of performance/newness/value loop?

Where you get two but not quite all three. Sounds like you can afford pretty much whatever but don't want to see the value diminish too much, you seem to have moved away from old alternatives (don't want the hassle? want the newness factor for a change? performance not quite there now?) that won't depreciate much SLK32, SC430, 650i etc

I can understand the situation, I have more disposable these days but am almost more careful/indecisive than when I had next to nothing!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M6-5-0-V10-SMG-Convertible-Interlagos-Blue-Silverstone-Leather-71k-miles/254385506253?hash=item3b3a8ec7cd:g:pjgAAOSw9MRdn5-w

Think i'll pass on the M6 :)

I just can't justify £20k to have a newish car for 2-3 years, guess i'll be in the E46 for a while yet lol

Think i'll pass on the M6 :)

I just can't justify £20k to have a newish car for 2-3 years, guess i'll be in the E46 for a while yet lol

I get you on both points :) was projecting a bit as I wish I was brave enough to just go for it, but if ever a car said money pit it's these age M6's!! (as that one's service history invoices prove) my inner accountant just won't even let me consider it :D by all accounts on pistonheads my 645 purchase has enough major borkage potential to contend with!

Mmmm would love that as long as the V10 has been looked after, am I right in saying they're later than what went in the M5?

Not sure, I think it's the same? I parked next to a burnt orange one this summer and then a little while later I saw it blat out of the inside of sandown race course and it was fruity!

I think compared to say a ISF they are a complete liability, but perhaps with luck you could get a troubled free year out of one and just lose a few k on depreciation?

Not sure, I think it's the same? I parked next to a burnt orange one this summer and then a little while later I saw it blat out of the inside of sandown race course and it was fruity!

I think compared to say a ISF they are a complete liability, but perhaps with luck you could get a troubled free year out of one and just lose a few k on depreciation?

I've seen far too many V10s blow up from oil deprivation at high RPM to put me off them for life! Why not go for the V8 biturbo? They seem to be a lot more reliable, in comparison.