Flooding!!

Mo Reviews

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah check the coolant levels, if they are down the heater matrix is a suspect.

You can join the in/out matrix pipes (19mm - they are on the fire wall/bulkhead just right of the intake cam covers - one pipe comes from the rear of the cylinder head) temporarily.

It's a massive labour job if it is the matrix though :(

Yeah check the coolant levels, if they are down the heater matrix is a suspect.

You can join the in/out matrix pipes (19mm - they are on the fire wall/bulkhead just right of the intake cam covers - one pipe comes from the rear of the cylinder head) temporarily.

It's a massive labour job if it is the matrix though :(

Lovely prospect that... lol

I'll have a look on Saturday but I'm REALLY hoping it's not this! :hide:

- - - Updated - - -

If I don't use the heater, would it still leak? Also, could it be the AC?

It just bypasses the heater Matrix, so you will need no air con anyway , it's nice and cold :)

I've been using the aircon recently so was curious if that could also be a suspect? If, in the interim, I don't use the heater, will it still leak inside or would that not make any difference?

Not sure what happens when the evaporator (behind the lower glovebox) gives out, but usually a well foot well is the heatercore, is it steaming? it will make the car loose all the coolant into the cabin if run long enough, check your rad and temp. or pull up the carpet and see what liquid it is

It is pretty steamy in the cabin, partly why I was using the AC to get rid of the condensation... I've pulled the carpet up and will check the coolant level over the weekend, though slightly easier said than done with an aftermarket rad and catch tank! Lol the joys of a modified car... :rolleyes:

Hot steam and a somewhat sweet ish smell would say the heatercore. Hes a quick test. Touch the carpet and see if your hands get stickyish...would be coolant.

The carpet is propped up at the moment as I was getting worried about the ECU and loom getting wet... I'll put it down over the weekend and go for a short drive to see if it leaks again. If it does, I'll do as advised and report back with my findings. From memory though, I don't remember smelling anything sweet about the water/liquid...

Check your AC drain pipe is not kinked. This can cause a backup of water which will eventually start seeping out over your interior. Can be found in passenger footwell above ECU, will be a small rubber hose that goes through firewall.

Otherwise, start praying its not your heater matrix. Cause thats a fun job :D

Out of curiosity, if it is the heater matrix, god forbid, can those still be ordered from Toyota?

Discontinued from Toyota last I checked. You can get aftermarket ones that fit but they never really perform as well as OEM (IE heater never really feels super warm). Chris Wilson may have been developing/producing a replacement heater matrix, but not sure what ever happened with that.

I've been quite fortunate then...

It's not that dear to be honest, but I guess it's the labour I need to be concerned about! I'm keeping everything crossed for the weekend. Question is though, if it's not the matrix, what else could it be?

Nothing apart from the core or ac related...that drain pipe mike mentioned