Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flooding!!

Work... what work? Club Member AdamAMG's Avatar
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Flooding!!

Hi guys, any usual suspects to look out for when trying to diagnose the reason(s) behind water in the passenger side footwell?
    I am currently on my fourth and fifth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Most notable vehicular history:
    Grey Toyota Supra Big Single VVTi Built Auto Stage 2 // White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.2 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

Work... what work? Club Member tayr's Avatar
    Feedback
    have you spilt any drinks?

Me? Post? Never! Club Member jim_supra's Avatar
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Does it smell of coolant? It can be a sign of a leaking heater Matrix.
    '94 Storm Blue Aerotop with an NA - TT Conversion

See my Supra here: My Garage

Feedback
    45 (100%)
    Yeah check the coolant levels, if they are down the heater matrix is a suspect.

You can join the in/out matrix pipes (19mm - they are on the fire wall/bulkhead just right of the intake cam covers - one pipe comes from the rear of the cylinder head) temporarily.

It's a massive labour job if it is the matrix though
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

Me? Post? Never! Club Member
    Feedback

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayr View Post
    have you spilt any drinks?
    Definitely not that... lol
    I am currently on my fourth and fifth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Grey Toyota Supra Big Single VVTi Built Auto Stage 2 // White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.2 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Yeah check the coolant levels, if they are down the heater matrix is a suspect.

You can join the in/out matrix pipes (19mm - they are on the fire wall/bulkhead just right of the intake cam covers - one pipe comes from the rear of the cylinder head) temporarily.

It's a massive labour job if it is the matrix though
    Lovely prospect that... lol

I'll have a look on Saturday but I'm REALLY hoping it's not this!

- - - Updated - - -

If I don't use the heater, would it still leak? Also, could it be the AC?

I'm addicted now! Club Member shaky's Avatar
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    It just bypasses the heater Matrix, so you will need no air con anyway , it's nice and cold

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky View Post
    It just bypasses the heater Matrix, so you will need no air con anyway , it's nice and cold
    I've been using the aircon recently so was curious if that could also be a suspect? If, in the interim, I don't use the heater, will it still leak inside or would that not make any difference?

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Not sure what happens when the evaporator (behind the lower glovebox) gives out, but usually a well foot well is the heatercore, is it steaming? it will make the car loose all the coolant into the cabin if run long enough, check your rad and temp. or pull up the carpet and see what liquid it is

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    It is pretty steamy in the cabin, partly why I was using the AC to get rid of the condensation... I've pulled the carpet up and will check the coolant level over the weekend, though slightly easier said than done with an aftermarket rad and catch tank! Lol the joys of a modified car...

Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Hot steam and a somewhat sweet ish smell would say the heatercore. Hes a quick test. Touch the carpet and see if your hands get stickyish...would be coolant.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Check if it's brown and runny.

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Check if it's brown and runny.
    Lol, I don't think its powerful enough to invoke that sort of reaction, yet...

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evinX View Post
    Hot steam and a somewhat sweet ish smell would say the heatercore. Hes a quick test. Touch the carpet and see if your hands get stickyish...would be coolant.
    The carpet is propped up at the moment as I was getting worried about the ECU and loom getting wet... I'll put it down over the weekend and go for a short drive to see if it leaks again. If it does, I'll do as advised and report back with my findings. From memory though, I don't remember smelling anything sweet about the water/liquid...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast