The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! Drive shaft spline popped out of diff.

Nathanj1142

Hey all,

As part of my subframe restoration, I had to remove the drive shafts out the diff.

The coupling on the diff side was seized so just pulled it while tapping the coupling to try and free it and the whole spline popped out with the C clip too!!

The c clip was still in tact - so all I did was just pop it back in by tapping lightly with a mallet.

Was this the right move? New to all this stuff so want to make sure my a01b isn’t knackered lol.

98050BA0-F52C-4FFD-A782-70D26CB507AE.jpeg

B294CFEB-71ED-47C0-B6FD-3111C4C60214.jpeg

There’s some slight play in it - but when I rotate the other shaft this one moves opposite direction as it should still.

Hi Nathan,

I've no experience with this myself and I would defer to anyone with any direct knowledge on this. However, I've attached an image from the workshop manual and it would appear all may be OK. Might be worth checking the distance as per the manual to ensure the flange is properly in position?

Screenshot_20191103-213303_Drive.jpg