The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Toucan Brackets with zero drilling or cutting of dash.

Big Mark

For anyone that wants to fit a Toucan but doesn't want cut or drill dash panels I've come up with this little item for my car.

Designed this for my own needs but already had a few people inquiring about it, so am happy to supply anyone interested.

This is uses half of the Toucan swivel bracket (not supplied, but should come with your Toucan) and allows you to mount your Toucan where the clock would usually be without cutting or drilling the panel and still allowing tilt and swivel.

20190811_182923.jpg The very first prototype and the idea of combing Toucan bracket with additional parts.

20190814_181448.jpg And then it evolved as I got in to 3D printing [GRIN][/GRIN]

20190814_181716.jpg A Lovely fit

20191021_184352.jpg Bracket on rear secures it in place

20190814_182946.jpg Swivel section from standard Toucan Bracket attached.

20190814_184158.jpg And Toucan fitted.

CAD 1.JPG CAD model 1

CAD 2.JPG CAD model 2

Kit will come with the two 3D printed parts along with a captive nut and a longer screw. The part that the Toucan clips on to does not come with it, that should of come with your Toucan.

At present I've only done this for Pre-Facelift as that's what my car is, tho I do have a spare Facelift IP so will design a Facelift version in due course.

If anyone is interested let me know. Estimated price £50 plus delivery.

UPDATE:

Both Pre-Facelift & Facelift version of the Swivel/Tilt version available, plus my new Flush Fit version that keeps the Toucan as close to the dash panel as possible.

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

Looks promising Mark. :thumbs:

Be interested for the facelift version as and when you’ve developed it fella. ;)

Nice to see an owner sharing the love. :cool:

Will check back for updates on the facelift version.

Cheers,

Pete :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks promising Mark. :thumbs:

Be interested for the facelift version as and when you’ve developed it fella. ;)

Nice to see an owner sharing the love. :cool:

Will check back for updates on the facelift version.

Cheers,

Pete :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping to have time to sort the facelift this weekend.

Definitely interested in this mate, awesome work. I miss having my air vent on the right.

/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, my car came with a boost gauge where the vent was and that was the first thing I removed.

Do you need Pre-Facelift or Facelift?

Pre-Facelift and Facelift swivel/tilt mounts finished and available. Currently printed to order but will build up stock in due course.

Also will have a 3rd option finished in the next few days that mounts the Toucan as flush as possible to the dash panel, against without the need to drill any holes or cut the panel.

Approx distance between back of Toucan and dash is 2-3mm on Facelift and 4-5mm on Pre-facelift.

Thanks Brad, glad you're happy with my design/creation.

Swivel/Tilt for both Facelift & Pre-Facelift available. Back of Toucan approx 30mm from dash so to allow a extensive range of motion.

New Flush fit model now available (not yet been copied) that lets the Toucan sit just a few mm off the dash (physically as close as possible).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.