The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standalone ECU for ITB Build

Eightdip

Hi all!

Quick back story, I have a 95' Manual NA that I'll be soon be installing independent throttle bodies to.

My question for now is does anyone know if I have any restrictions in terms of management? It seems that brand new for the GE, I mainly have the choice of a Link G4 system, AEM series 2 or ECU Master EMU Classic (I'm aware there are more expensive options but hoping to avoid them).

However I have the option now of a second hand AEM Series 1 but it's currently on a GTE, are there much differences between managements for the GTE and GE? Can one be made to fit the other with a different adapter and mapped for NA?

Will hopefully start a build thread when the work is underway!

P.S not looking for "why don't you just turbo it comments", I'm going off piste for a reason

I don't think the Series one was specific to NA or TT so yeah, it should work. You might need an ignition amplifier like an HKS DLI or something if you're going to be pushing spark.

I've got a GE Series 2 for sale too if you're needing a few more options

I don't think the Series one was specific to NA or TT so yeah, it should work. You might need an ignition amplifier like an HKS DLI or something if you're going to be pushing spark.

I've got a GE Series 2 for sale too if you're needing a few more options

Thanks bud, I did see your post in parts for sale, though I think that's out of my price range currently, would be very tempted in a few months time if still available.

Veeeeeery interesting, thanks for the input guys, I called Future Motorsports today and they said apparently it won't work...did you have to do anything special to get yours to work?

The units are 1 pin different, but it is not a problem.

Future Motorsports are clearly not up to the job, take it to Dan Turner at Advanced Motorsport.

They recommended me to avoid the Series 1 as the support for them ended a couple of years ago, which answers my more urgent question.

Thanks for your help guys, as I mentioned, I'll be starting a build thread when I get going so if anyone's interested they can bob into there. I imagine you'll see plenty more ECU queries on there!