The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Throttle position sensor please help

Bender

So i was changing spark plugs in my NA and when i was taking everything apart instead of taking conector off tps i just take the screws off when i put everything back my car now stays on high revs all the time first when you start it its fine as soon you accelerate its stays on high revs. Is there any special way to put tps back on or it could be faulty car was fine before job. Any ideas

Its the one on right sideimage

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Daft question perhaps, but have you tried adjusting the position of the sensor? Loosen the two screws slightly and twist the sensor clockwise slightly and see how much difference that makes, then repeat until revs are where you want them.

If I remember correctly to set it up 100% accurate you need a multimeter (may be wrong) but small adjustments to get it where you want it should be fine.

Daft question perhaps, but have you tried adjusting the position of the sensor? Loosen the two screws slightly and twist the sensor clockwise slightly and see how much difference that makes, then repeat until revs are where you want them.

If I remember correctly to set it up 100% accurate you need a multimeter (may be wrong) but small adjustments to get it where you want it should be fine.

Yes i tried to adjust it revs go a bit lower but not what they should be. I also try to reset ecu by take battery off

You see that white paint mark at the bottom screw, it should bascially be in alignment with the screw. Its tricky to align the TPS but doable once you see someone do it...like i remember seeing DavidP do mine :thumbs:
That white paint mark ?image

That white paint mark ?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191020/3eaf281ab30fe3223c5dea3827c4efd1.jpg

Yep, they are put there when the sensors lined up, inline with the scews. Yours is way off, and remember it depends how you put the sensor on and if the valve inside is slightly open or not (should be closed), in the end you will find the fix was very easy

Yep, they are put there when the sensors lined up, inline with the scews. Yours is way off, and remember it depends how you put the sensor on and if the valve inside is slightly open or not (should be closed), in the end you will find the fix was very easy
Great thank you very much sir

And now you thank someone for the wrong answer!

Please tell us what you think is wrong with the right answer?

If i know how to do it or what is the wrong answer i wouldnt be here and asking. But yeah feel free to make a fun out of me