The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To all baldies

Dnk

I have the same problem :)

I have an older version of the one you have but its a tad tired now hence thinking to try

something new

• 1 month later...

Can relate to this,hair growing like mad everywhere but the top of my head:blink:

I’m not bald but like to be a ‘Skinead’ :rlol:

I use the Pitbull Platinum, very good piece of kit and I have owned it for over a year now. I bought it in the Black Friday sale last year, it’s a shame you will have just missed this years sale.

I almost bought one but when i asked the sellers of the Pitbull they said the blades on average use would last 6 months, then

saw several people wanting to buy replacement blades but couldn't as they were never in stock

I almost bought one but when i asked the sellers of the Pitbull they said the blades on average use would last 6 months, then

saw several people wanting to buy replacement blades but couldn't as they were never in stock

I go through my blades about every 4-5 months, shaving my head everyday.

I have found when I went to order a replacement blade that it was not in stock and I had to buy from elsewhere. So what I done last time, was bought 3 blades at once, so I always have a spare and then order a new one every time I replace one. It is a great shaver, but not having the blades in stock was frustrating....

I have been shaving my head for over 25 years, I have tried all manor of gadgets to get the job done better and quicker. I have always gone back to the the clippers. If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Have you tried the Pitbull head shave ?

Have you tried the Pitbull head shave ?

Nope, I don't see the point in buying something that will wear out with use. I have tried all sorts over the years. Razors, safety razors I even taught myself how to use a cut throat thinking it would be better. I stuck with that for approx a year then moved back to clippers. I have tried other head shaving gadgets and at the end of the day they are nothing more than snake oil. Trying to solve a problem that just doesn't exist.

Oster clippers is where it is at. They aren't light but are well made and if looked after properly will last a lifetime.

Nope, I don't see the point in buying something that will wear out with use. I have tried all sorts over the years. Razors, safety razors I even taught myself how to use a cut throat thinking it would be better. I stuck with that for approx a year then moved back to clippers. I have tried other head shaving gadgets and at the end of the day they are nothing more than snake oil. Trying to solve a problem that just doesn't exist.

Oster clippers is where it is at. They aren't light but are well made and if looked after properly will last a lifetime.

Which Oster clippers do you have ?

Which Oster clippers do you have ?

Some dog grooming clippers I inherited from my aunt when she retired. They are oldish (60's-70's) possibly an A5 model looking at them.

Oster 97 are the ones I would use if buying a new set. 45W motor and supplied with their 0000 (1/100" or 0.25mm) shaving blade. Being USA made means some models need an adaptor but the 97 should be golden for UK use. Just double check they come with a blade and UK 3 pin plug.

EDIT

Looking at their site it looks like the 97 might be discontinued, the classic 76 seems to be the more updated version. You can also pick up their 00000 which will give you a 1/125" or .2mm cut.

https://www.osterstyle.com/clippers/heavy/corded/

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Link added. (see edit history)

Some dog grooming clippers I inherited from my aunt when she retired. They are oldish (60's-70's) possibly an A5 model looking at them.

Oster 97 are the ones I would use if buying a new set. 45W motor and supplied with their 0000 (1/100" or 0.25mm) shaving blade. Being USA made means some models need an adaptor but the 97 should be golden for UK use. Just double check they come with a blade and UK 3 pin plug.

EDIT

Looking at their site it looks like the 97 might be discontinued, the classic 76 seems to be the more updated version. You can also pick up their 00000 which will give you a 1/125" or .2mm cut.

https://www.osterstyle.com/clippers/heavy/corded/

I was looking at the 76

I used to use clippers/shavers, tried loads but there was always stubble, however good the product said it was. now I just use a razor and shave my head 2/3 times a week.

Then you have the problem of a shiny head (some people like it, I hate it)

There are numerous products out there that claim to get rid of that shiny head but they all cost a pretty penny, I tried alot and now I use a thing called diatomaceous earth, it's a food supplement among other things but it has the qualitys of talc, its dirt cheap and will remove the shine, little puff of that and your good to go lol

I have two sets of clippers, a cheap Wahl which isn't very good and a babybliss one thats really old but still

works ok ish so looking at replacing them

The difference in build quality will be night and day. Granted they are expensive, when I used to look at buying clippers I tried to figure what it would cost me to go to the barbers to get it done over one over two years. Back then it was twice a week at £5 per visit plus tip.

So it's a substantial saving.

Yes for sure if the clippers last then you'll be making a nice saving plus you can do it at home

What i liked about the Pitbull was the ease of use but its no use if it doesn't last or do the job well enough

It looks like an overgrown electric shaver.

I know i'm hard to please picky twat but I really can't see it being any good unless you take a razor to your head first. It will have to be used it daily to keep any stubble down and if you miss a day to two I would bet it's a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as i could send them back FOC i though i'd try some shavers etc

I bought the Philips S5572/10, £70 on Philips website. Can be used wet or dry, really not impressed, it didn't shave my chin very well even though it has hundreds of good reviews.

I also bought the HC5450 which works pretty good but only goes to a number 1 on the cut

but 5 yrs warranty and around £30 depending where you buy from, i shall persist with this

for now

Thanks for all the input guys, i think if i need a closer cut then i'll let my barber do it

and treat myself every now and then to the full hot towels job :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)