The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heritage program: Poll for A80 Supra parts (Mods)

Jellybean

Standard brake and fuel hard pipes, wings, front and back, LSD.

Wings are still available,

53802-14870

53802-14880

53801-1B010

LSD is available

Fuel lines are still available

23801-46040

23802-46050

23814-46030

Rear Quarter panels are not

61611-1B120

61612-1B090

That's very quick. Are we not doing a poll to let members vote on their priority?

We only have 20 parts to submit , outside the list on post 25 ; I cannot find anything else discontinued

Owners are not bother to verify if items are discontinued , their requests are very general i.e. Body panels/ repair panels , Suspension arms

With the exception of the lower rear arms and Rear Quarters ; everything else is available and for alot of items requested

No point in setting up a poll , I have prioritised parts on Post 25 ; nobody has replied to ask for the order of priority to be changed (No idea if Toyota UK cares what order they are in)

I am also asking all Owners, tuners not everybody is on here

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I'm surprised you haven't added headlights .

Those misting / yellowing headlights will be a definite mot failure for all supra s soon. That's the most critical part to me imo.

And ecu s failing.

Both those parts renders a supra useless. Everything else you can buy non genuine parts or parts of another model to make it work

Without doing any research on whats still available or isn't here are a few of the things i'd like to be always able to buy..

Side mount intercooler

Heater matrix

Pre and facelift dash parts

Door cards inc window switches

All suspension parts

v160/161 gearboxes - more important than individual gearbox parts, syncros etc, considering cost of rebuild is equal to what Toyota used to charge for the whole box.

Abs sensors,

Vsvs

Front and rear bumpers,

Wings,

All windows inc seals.

ignition sets,

Door and boot locks

Head and rear lights (f&pf)

They are not discontinued , still availalbe

84820-14230

84810-14110

codes for abs:

Front LH 89543-14020 or 89543-14030

Front RH 89542-14020 or 89542-14030

I know it is hard to know relative remaining stock levels, as Toyota UK have one of these codes but nothing for the other side Abs sensors.

There must be some supply shortage with window controls as there is a big price difference between left and right.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/toyota/switch-assy-power-window-regulator-8481014110?q=84810-14110

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/toyota/master-switch-assy-power-window-regulator-8482014230?q=84820-14230

Diff cooler and cover discontinued

41885-14010

41881-14010

i would have thought it'd be more important to get parts other than jesus handles. There are plenty of service parts that have safety implications that are either discontinued or should be saved. And other visible parts that cannot easily be replaced by generic parts or be fabricated to a similar standard. I'd say that list should include:

All light units (easily broken in accidents)

All glass (easily broken by vandals or in accidents) - There are lots of old cars where door glass is no longer available. Imagine a brick in exchange for that bag of sweets on the passenger seat and then a open air Supra.

Suspension control arms front and rear - fundamental to safe handling.

Bumpers front and rear.

Tailgate - seeing they all rust

ABS speed sensors front and rear - usually only expected to last 100k miles and lots of supras are at 100k miles+

Sure, EU regs would cover new equipment/custom modified replacement parts - but I wouldn't expect it applies to parts supply of existing like for like specifications.

That's if Toyota didn't naturally replace them with the plastic lights? I'm not too sure to be honest. Some regulations can be applied retrospectively but admittedly, vehicular law isn't my forte.