The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater matrix pipes part numbers

Suprakeith

To be fair id expect a decent fabricator to be able to make up a set. Or if the ends are corroded like ive seen, you can cut it back with a dremel, flare the end and use some 16mm ID hose to extend into the engine bay. Then either use a long length directly to the block or use 2 hose joiners for a somewhat oem fit.

To be fair id expect a decent fabricator to be able to make up a set. Or if the ends are corroded like ive seen, you can cut it back with a dremel, flare the end and use some 16mm ID hose to extend into the engine bay. Then either use a long length directly to the block or use 2 hose joiners for a somewhat oem fit.

True could get set made I bet, mine aren’t in bad condition so if can’t get new was thinking of just cleaning them and having braided hose connecting them to enjoy block lines...did originally want to try look at different fittings for matrix and running hose directly from matrix to water lines in bay with no joins at all but think that’s out of question really

True could get set made I bet, mine aren’t in bad condition so if can’t get new was thinking of just cleaning them and having braided hose connecting them to enjoy block lines...did originally want to try look at different fittings for matrix and running hose directly from matrix to water lines in bay with no joins at all but think that’s out of question really

Yea you want it to be serviceable really. Would be nice to find a similar toyota core to retrofit into the supra. Cant see it being too hard. Or ideally...an electric heater core...someone must be able to do it...instant heat in the winter :cool:

Yea you want it to be serviceable really. Would be nice to find a similar toyota core to retrofit into the supra. Cant see it being too hard. Or ideally...an electric heater core...someone must be able to do it...instant heat in the winter :cool:

Instant heat in the winter would be very nice for sure[emoji4].

I rang Toyota today and the heater pipes are still available so have ordered new set, at least with them and new core, should have a perfect working heating set up.

Instant heat in the winter would be very nice for sure[emoji4].

I rang Toyota today and the heater pipes are still available so have ordered new set, at least with them and new core, should have a perfect working heating set up.

You sure it wasnt the rubber hoses they ordered in? Those metal pipes have been discontinued for a while

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK they have been discontinued for a while and making new ones is far from trivial due to needing an accurate inverse flare where they O ring on to the cores. Not to mention tight bends over very short distances. I'll post a photo of the last heater matrix I changed after hack sawing off an end tank. Talk about clogged up...

• 2 weeks later...
Haha im almost tempted to ring my toyota and find out lol

AFAIK they have been discontinued for a while and making new ones is far from trivial due to needing an accurate inverse flare where they O ring on to the cores. Not to mention tight bends over very short distances. I'll post a photo of the last heater matrix I changed after hack sawing off an end tank. Talk about clogged up...

Well guys went to my local Toyota today and collected my new heater matrix hard pipes, took 3 weeks to turn up..well pleased to have new matrix pipes

imageimage

I have a sample one here at £350 plus VAT, next ones are £500 or more, they are tricky to make due to the size of the end tanks, being double flow, and needing bespoke pipe connectors.Plus the cores are very efficient and again, bespoke. But if you like heat and live in Scandinavia....

Yay Chris :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Well guys went to my local Toyota today and collected my new heater matrix hard pipes, took 3 weeks to turn up..well pleased to have new matrix pipes

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/11/74.jpghttps://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/11/75.jpg

Looks like they were produced in Jan. Check the dates...time to call toyota and check on what else is back in

I have a sample one here at £350 plus VAT, next ones are £500 or more, they are tricky to make due to the size of the end tanks, being double flow, and needing bespoke pipe connectors.Plus the cores are very efficient and again, bespoke. But if you like heat and live in Scandinavia....

In all honesty I would much rather pay a little bit extra for a known quality than buy those cheap rebranded Chinese knock off parts that other traders are known to sell for an inflated price. I have no doubt this will be the same quality as your intercoolers so the price seems acceptable for a bespoke made product. Higher quality than OEM too I would imagine.

Maintaining these cars is never cheap, well to do properly isn't ;)

Well, it's a LOT of work to change them, especially if the car has a lot of aftermarket wiring behind the dash that is not documented... (you know who you are, lol). So it makes sense to use a decent matrix.

I recently bought and fitted a heater matrix for one of my cars, $12 matrix which equated to £18 delivered taxes paid. Different World but at least in the old cars the heaters were a stuck on afterthought (often an optional extra) rather than a buried integration which makes swapping out a lot easier, still not easy but easier.

Jag XJS has to the easiest matrix to change. Glove box liner out (six screws) disconnect hoses, remove heater box end cap (two screws) pull old matrix out, push new one in, replace cap, replace hoses, refit liner, refill and bleed coolant 30 minutes tops...

Some Mercedes have two matrices, buried totally behind the dash, one each side, depending on model they make the MKIV Supra look like a walk in the park... madness, these things should be easy to change, like a main coolant.radiator. Renault V6 GTA's are terrible, too.

Must post photo of the old matrix from a MKIV I did quite recently.