The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Battery number?

Johnm400

My Battery is dying after 3/4 days since it started to go a bit cooler. I dont suspect a current drain as it was fine all over summer and ive not touched any of the electrics. Im thinking the battery is just at the end of its life.

Ive got an 030 Battery on now and was going to go for the same as it fits perfect and is 500+ CCA. Is there a better battery option that fits straight in?

Im not really interested in performance batteries or super duper calcium latest tech etc. I just want the most powerful standard battery that doesnt cost the earth.

Most people go for the HCB005 from Halfords. Not sure how that compares to the one you have but it fits in the stock tray / clamp area

- - - Updated - - -

Most people go for the HCB005 from Halfords. Not sure how that compares to the one you have but it fits in the stock tray / clamp area

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up sticking with the 030 and got this one for the bargain price of 50 quid through a guy i know that owns a garage and managed blag ECP.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/lion-030-car-battery-3-year-guarantee-444770301

For future reference for anybody looking for a new battery, it fits the tray and clamps down fine and is a hefty 600 CCA. It is quite heavy though. Starter motor turned faster than ive ever heard it turn and the windows go up faster now.