Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit!

Work... what work? Club Member AdamAMG's Avatar
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Brexit!

Is Brexit talk censored or banned on this forum?
    I am currently on my fourth and fifth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Most notable vehicular history:
    Grey Toyota Supra Big Single VVTi Built Auto Stage 2 // White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.2 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Rant away!
    1994 Stock TT Supra & N/A 5 soon to be NA-T 6 speed

Work... what work? Club Member MrGRT's Avatar
    Feedback
    There is a thread that was active not long ago

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Did it die along with the country's hopes of a structured and streamlined transition?
    I am currently on my fourth and fifth Supra relapse and desperately searching for a cure from this debilitating condition...

Grey Toyota Supra Big Single VVTi Built Auto Stage 2 // White Toyota Supra TT VVTi 6 Speed - stock...
    Black Audi S8 Plus; Black Porsche 911 991.2 Turbo S; Grey BMW 640d - modified to 450bhp; White Audi RS7 Performance - modified to 690bhp; White Tesla Model X P100D; Grey Tesla Model S P100D; White Audi RS6 Performance; Black Audi RS Q3; Grey Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU; White Mercedes GTS; White Mercedes CLS63 AMG S; White Mercedes C63 AMG S; Black Mercedes E63 BiTurbo AMG S; Silver Mercedes E55K AMG - modified to 650bhp; Black Toyota Supra Single Turbo Auto - modified to 620bhp; Black Toyota Supra TT VVTi Tiptronic - BPU

Wanting more carbon Club Member The Raven's Avatar
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    I live down by manston airport.........its all covered in cones staff being hired on mass.........brexit is happening
    Dr Jekyll
    dun worry bra. i dont insure my car either , they r all prooer muppets on ere

We all know this is true
    'Theres nothing worth doing to an NA apart from setting fire to it'

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    So I guess Bojo and co are going to jail in the near future...

BPU happy Events Organiser Shane's Avatar
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamAMG View Post
    Care to expand on that?
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    Satin black BPU. 12.83 1/4 @ Santa Pod Saturday night special May 2015
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

Daily commute BMW E53 X5 M57 power
    Nissan Navara D22 twin cab PU,Mercedes W210 E300TD, W202 250TD powered by veggie oil,
    Vauxhall Tigra with Isuzu diesel engine conversion. Powered by veg oil

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Can't see it ever happening if it has to go through parliament, total farce
    Last edited by Dnk; 09-10-19 at 12:19.
    Dunk

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Well they ought to be reprimanded, or at the very least, held accountable for their actions...

Suspending parliament once again, which flies in the face of the supreme court ruling and does not serve any legitimate purpose, other than aiding Mr Johnson's agenda.

The chances of a brexit deal are slim. Though, "we are still leaving the EU on 31 October". Contrary to the Benn Act 2019. Although I am yet to read the full statute to understand what the implications are for breaching the same, it is likely that Bojo and Co will be tried by the media and sentenced to prison!

Need I continue? What a $#@! show this has turned in to! I'm actually rather indifferent about whether we leave the EU or not but I would have hoped for some sort of structure to the process, or at the very least a plan! These bastards are just driving lost and, alas, in the process, the UK, our, once, great country, has become a laughing stock, not only in the EU but globally.

Part of a nanny state. Club Member jamesmark's Avatar
    Feedback
    65 (100%)
    It is not 'BoJo' or May that is solely responsible, it is the whole government for not agreeing and declining any deal put in front of them. Also the remaining EU countries by taking the stance (which you cannot blame them) it is our way or the highway.

It is very easy to blame the current ruling government, and although I ain't no Tory I do shudder to think what bigger mess we would be in if a Corbyn lead Brexit took place, it is frightening to think. To be honest, what ever PM over whatever party would have been screwed to try and deliver Brexit.

This whole, they should face criminal charges is a very naive way of looking at things, by that logic alone every sitting MP should face charges at every single election for when they promise in their manifesto to get votes, then fail to deliver.

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    To a certain extent, I agree with the sentiment that the whole government ought to be held accountable for their conduct. However, it is the PM's responsibility to carry out the will of the people. If, for whatever reason, he or she felt like it cannot deliver on the will of the people then they should not have run for office, or indeed resign, whichever is applicable. However, hiding behind the party veil and carrying out your own agenda cannot be held as responsible or acceptable.

Why do you dislike Corbyn? Has he held office before? Or is hating on Corbyn just become such a fashionable thing to do? I'm no labour supporter. In fact, I was blue through and through until good old Cameron decided to drop us in to this mess and dip. Having said that, I respect the fact that he decided to resign when he felt he could no longer deliver on the will of the people.

Who said anything about criminal charges? Sure, I believe that everyone, notwithstanding their position, ought to be held liable for their action or lack thereof. As for Bojo and Co, it is not a mere question of failing to deliver on manifesto promises. There are statutes and case law which has not been respected or upheld, despite the repeated promise of utter compliance by this deceiving and incompetent government led by Mr Johnson.
    Last edited by AdamAMG; 09-10-19 at 13:21.

Feedback
    39 (100%)
    To a certain extent, I agree with the sentiment that the whole government ought to be held accountable for their conduct. However, it is the PM's responsibility to carry out the will of the people. If, for whatever reason, he or she felt like it cannot deliver on the will of the people then they should not have run for office, or indeed resign, whichever is applicable. However, hiding behind the party veil and carrying out your own agenda cannot be held as responsible or acceptable.

Why do you dislike Corbyn? Has he held office before? Or is hating on Corbyn just become such a fashionable thing to do? I'm no labour supporter. In fact, I was blue through and through until good old Cameron decided to drop us in to this mess and dip. Having said that, I respect the fact that he decided to resign when he felt he could no longer deliver on the will of the people.

Who said anything about criminal charges? Sure, I believe that everyone, notwithstanding their position, ought to be held liable for their action or lack thereof. As for Bojo and Co, it is not a mere question of failing to deliver on manifesto promises. There are statutes and case law which has not been respected or upheld, despite the repeated promise of utter compliance by this deceiving and incompetent government led by Mr Johnson.
    I guess it was an assumption based on your guess.

Look back over the past century and see how many politicians have actually gone to jail, despite what many have done. Not talking about stupid crimes like fiddling their expenses or trying to avoid drink driving charges, I mean gone to jail for crimes relating to actions or decisions made relating to their office. I suppose Jeffery Archer sort of springs to mind, but even then that was down to perjury I think.

I think Corbyn is as much a politician with his own agenda as he accuses Johnson as being. Surely having Diane Abbot on his team is like being 3 men down anyhow.

As much as I thought I coldn't stand Boris Johnson, it's good to see he isnt being bullied into submission too easily.

Jo Swinson is a car crash, Beth Rigby's interview with her a couple of weeks ago highlighted that.

We are pretty f*.*cked. I am thinking to book a caravan holiday somewhere wet and rainy (that would be the UK then) and invite Greta Lunberg along to cheer me up.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

Nissan Navara D22 twin cab PU,Mercedes W210 E300TD, W202 250TD powered by veggie oil,

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Point to note, custodial sentences are not solely executed by the criminal courts.

Over the years, there has been a number of politicians tried and sentenced to jail. Notwithstanding, should we sit by and allow this lack of accountability continue just because it's now become the 'normal'. Well, dear sir, the 'normal' is unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm looking to get out of this country and set up shop elsewhere, supra in tow of course!

Just a question of where now...

Feedback
    39 (100%)
    Point to note, custodial sentences are not solely executed by the criminal courts.

Over the years, there has been a number of politicians tried and sentenced to jail. Notwithstanding, should we sit by and allow this lack of accountability continue just because it's now become the 'normal'. Well, dear sir, the 'normal' is unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm looking to get out of this country and set up shop elsewhere, supra in tow of course!

Just a question of where now...
    Can't think of too many other than the ones who have abused their position in terms of diddling their expense claims, or perjury. Aitken I think got into trouble but suspect like Archer that was down to perjury. More recently there was that lovely lady from Peterboro who tried to get her brother to take the hit for her motoring offences. But, the point is none I can think of have gone to jail for doing crazy $#@! whilst in office. I can think of a few who it could be argued should have. Maybe Chris Patten for the Poll Tax, oh no wait he got a nice job in Hong Kong and they haven't looked back since. Or maybe Tony Blair should have been banged up over Iraq, nope Dr Kelly got bumped off instead. There isn't even the slimmest chance Boris and his mates could end up going to jail for this, it doesn't happen.

And yes I do understand your desire to get out, in fact in May I managed to get a five year residence permit elsewhere in preparation.
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

Feedback
    2 (100%)
    For the longest time, it has been abundantly clear that democracy and equality are both idealistic illusions rather than reality, unfortunately. I'm just surprised and disappointed that the masses haven't seen it yet?

Where are you heading off to?

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast