Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i have swopped?

I'm addicted now! Club Member herbiemercman's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Question Should i have swopped?

Hello Dudes, I was in my local pub today and a guy admired my car and commented that he had seen it rocket up the hill outside the pub.
    He used to be the local milk man and had a lovely local girl, 20 years younger that used to work for him.
    His brother died and left him the wealth of him selling six Kentucky Fried Chicken places, 5M.
    So he soon married the young girl who worked for for him and bought fancy cars.
    Yesterday i parked my car outside the pub in front of his 2015 plate white Range Rover Sport, it looked great.
    I went in the pub and he said how are you doing? he knows my brother and i build nursing homes, i said ok and i like your car, he replied, i will swop you for yours. I laught and he retorted, i am serious, i love those cars and i have since i had nothing.
    I asked him what his car was worth and he replied circa 30K, and has only 45K on the clock, it is white and has all the "bells and whistles" on it.
    He was serious and i had to explain that my car was sort of part of me, owned it from new and nurtured it as well as a recent power out put and aesthetic additions etc. He said it looks great and sounds great and he appreciated the time and money i had put into it.
    I have an agreed value with "Adrian Flux" at 21K so my question is, would you have done the swop? because i would not. ! Herbie.
    20160224_141959.jpg (673.7 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Me? Post? Never! Club Member
    Feedback
    Don't be silly. That Range Rover will be worth 10k in three years time and 5k in another three. Your Supra won't lose anything like 20k in value over the next six years.

I bought a TDV8 L322 Vogue 2 years ago for 8% of its new price. Lovely drive, no issues just expensive to road tax and fuel. If anyone wants a Range Rover buy an older one then throw it away when it breaks.

Work... what work? Club Member AdamAMG's Avatar
    Feedback
    I don't see supras depreciating any further as they seem to have long saturated.

Feedback
    No, correct decision. Always offer to us caring members first haha

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    No keep, why do you think he offered the swap! Correct decision.

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    I would have done the swap, sold the RR and got a fantastic TT6.
    KSLBx

It's a dogs life!
    http://www.theboardingkennels.co.uk
    http://www.bikeboxstorage.co.uk

By Example We Lead
    Black 98 GT67 VVTI Manual

I'm part of the furniture Club Member j_jza80's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kslb View Post
    I would have done the swap, sold the RR and got a fantastic TT6.
    You can't buy this:
    i had to explain that my car was sort of part of me, owned it from new and nurtured it

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I think i'd have swapped to be honest and sold the RRS straight away and go looking for another supra
    Dunk

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_jza80 View Post
    You can't buy this:
    Everything has a price and that would have done it for me, I wait to be corrected but I’m sure there are not many na drivers (na-t or not) that didn’t wish their pride and joy was a TT6 from the outset.
    KSLBx

It's a dogs life!
    http://www.theboardingkennels.co.uk
    http://www.bikeboxstorage.co.uk

By Example We Lead
    Black 98 GT67 VVTI Manual

Uk spec gt28 turbo's Club Member
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Don't be silly. That Range Rover will be worth 10k in three years time and 5k in another three. Your Supra won't lose anything like 20k in value over the next six years.

I bought a TDV8 L322 Vogue 2 years ago for 8% of its new price. Lovely drive, no issues just expensive to road tax and fuel. If anyone wants a Range Rover buy an older one then throw it away when it breaks.
    That I don't understand as they stopped selling the L322 in 2013 so how can you have bought a new one 2 years ago I own a 2015 vogue and that is the L405 which is the sdv8

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
    That I don't understand as they stopped selling the L322 in 2013 so how can you have bought a new one 2 years ago I own a 2015 vogue and that is the L405 which is the sdv8
    I don't think he bought a new one
    Dunk

What search button? Club Member sidewaysdan's Avatar
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Yep I would have snapped his arm off . Offering you 35k+ for a Na-t
    i love my toys

I'm addicted now! Club Member raddys's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I know the sentiment side of it but on the other hand you could easily sell the range rover for 30k, buy another na-t/tt auto for 15k, plunge remaining cash into it and make it something super special, I mean 30k would get you a very clean tt6, possibly even a uk tt6.
    Question you have to ask yourself is.. if a forum member offered you a uk tt6 in vgc for a straight swap for your na5-t, would you take it?
    1993 Toyota Supra GZ TT auto in 3L2 Renaissance Red - Stock

1995 Toyota Supra N/A 5 in 199 Silver - Stock - SOLD

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I am half Scottish on my mother's side so like my two brothers i should have taken the RR, but if you have owned an materialistic item for 22 years from new it becomes an "Item" in your life, may be this is nonsense to non petrol heads like me, also my brothers have RR's, as well as my son-in-law in London, BUT they all like my car, especially now that at 450 BHP it can see them off, i sit in a well designed cock pit and my car is much lower down, more aerodynamic and lighter.
    I have a big Merc. 7 seater Elegance est, car, real limo,and 285 BHP auto, AMG.this provides a different way of travel, had it from new cost 51K, i do not need a RR, also all the family do not own their RR's they are rented, that's not me. I like the cars i own and look after them this is part of my pleasure, im am not for trading up or down, i do not need it, and the guy with the white RR knows it. Herbie.

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Hi Raddys, The answer is NO> Herbie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast