4 members have voted

1. 1. Which approx 700hp Turbo?

• Precision 6266 Gen 1
    • Precision 6266 Gen 2
    • Precision 6466 Gen 2
    • Garrett GTX3576R
    • Garrett GTX3582R
    • Garrett GTX3584RS

I'm losing my mind with the amount of contradicting information I'm seeing online about which single turbo to get.

I just need help deciding which turbo is best, that will provide the quickest spool possible (and without having to get a mortgage to achieve it [GRIN][/GRIN])

In a nutshell I want around 700-750hp @flywheel.

As part of my build I have:

T4 twin scroll manifold, with 60mm wastegate

4" downpipe

4"midpipe

I have not yet got the rest of the exhaust system, and let's not worry too much about fuelling yet.

I've spoken to a few people, but I'm quite data driven... if anyone can make some suggestions it would be HUGELY appreciated.

I've added a poll to help, but there are too many variations of A/R so please help deciding that factor too by commenting :innocent:

I'm going to the Austin F1 at the end of the month, so was thinking to pick up the turbo then!

Edited by RajR34 (see edit history)

The BW selection Style is right. Many options for that power at seen print outs.

You are missing many of your variables. You need a spec as full as you can manage. As exhaust system is not the only variable factor.

Will you do cams. Is it therefore purely on boost with a stock rpm level.

How big is the exhaust system after the mid pipe.

Personally. I'd have a 5inch downpipe and midpipe. It would make it more achievable with no cams to save on cost due to flow.

I have 600hp on a 62mm turbo with no head work on an NA engine and a 9.#:1 compression ratio. Which I thinks fairly good considering 1.5 bar. I have a 4inch downpipe and midpipe with a 4.4inch full exhaust.

I would use a 66mm BW turbo if I was going for that kind of power.

Many other turbos will do that power. But a 62mm on a larger housing would not be my preference and its not what I've seen others do buddy.

Ah yes very good point - I will add Borg Warner to the mix too. Seems like an S366 SXE and EFR 8374 are most suitable?

The car is completely stock, and the engine will remain with stock cams (unless I’m convinced like a 6266 gen 1 BB is good enough, and can save like almost $800/900 to which id put towards cams).

I already have purchased the 4” downpipe and midpipe - I was going to go for a Tomei Ti 4” exhaust from midpipe onwards.

Boost levels I imagine to be around 1.5-1.7 bar?

I can’t update the poll! Ahh!

Edited by RajR34
Can’t edit the poll :( (see edit history)

Edit the original post mate.

I'd try and do it without cams. Only so you keep a lower rev range. Bigger turbo and cams might begin to ruin the drive.

Have you got abs? ECU for traction control?

The 4 inch shouldn't be restrictive so sure they will be fine man.

Have a look at James (TheTurtlesHead) build, he uses a Gen1 6266 on a staggered HKS cam set up and made 700hp ish

I saw this! and this kind of what the basis was for choosing the 6266 gen 1 - but then I thought by the time I've bought the HKS cam set up, I'll be in 6466 territory. I've seen that the 6466 is basically thereabouts the same with spool up, but maybe will hold the power at the top end..

My VVTI engine, with stage 2 cams, BW 64mm, 4" straight pipe, GREDDY inlet, Syvecs S7, 750cc injectors, … Got 640fwhp @ 1.3bar...

The 700fwhp range must be achievable with some proper injectors,... and thrust me, it's spools veeery quick (@ ~3500tr/min), I think it's a nice combo for a street supra =)

I wouldn't go anywhere else than to SRD for such a setup though ;)

My VVTI engine, with stage 2 cams, BW 64mm, 4" straight pipe, GREDDY inlet, Syvecs S7, 750cc injectors, … Got 640fwhp @ 1.3bar...

The 700fwhp range must be achievable with some proper injectors,... and thrust me, it's spools veeery quick (@ ~3500tr/min), I think it's a nice combo for a street supra =)

I wouldn't go anywhere else than to SRD for such a setup though ;)

Wow this is mega! I'm impressed with those numbers for sure. Which Borg Warner turbo is this??

• 5 weeks later...