The mkiv Supra Owners Club

James' 1995 SZ-R NA-TT - Slow-burning Project

James

For a little while I was debating whether to part ways with my Supra ('97 VVTi 6 speed single) just for a change; I finally came to my senses and decided I would miss it too much and had to keep it. That has now been further reinforced as the right decision as my love for these cars has extended a wee bit further through the purchase of a second black Supra :D

A lot of you may recognise this car as belonging to my best mate marcAB10 - it has been up here in Aberdeen for about 12 years now and has transformed quite a bit since I first saw it (back in 2008!).

It is a 1995 SZ-R 5 speed manual which has had a 2JZ-GTE engine swap. Running relatively stock, it made 341.5bhp when dyno'd a while back.

Externally, it has the following appointments:

• RMM Lip
  • Blitz Skirts
  • Shine Auto Carbon Diffuser
  • Ridox Carbon Boot Lip

It used to have Workmeister S1 3 piece wheels, though I have taken these off and put on stock 17s for the moment; as I plan on refurbishing the Works, putting on 1/2" narrower lips and fitting them to my 'main' Supra. It also had OEM interior retrimmed in a stunning 'chilli' red. That has since been fitted to the other Supra as well, with my Recaro SR5s (black cloth with red stitch) swapped into this one. I have also raised the car up quite a bit so that I can actually move it around without the worry of scuffing/scraping everywhere! ;)

A wee bit of attention will be required on the sills as they are a bit corroded - I'll have to gauge just how bad they really are once I get it onto a ramp and then make a decision from there as to the best way forward.

Unsure as to my plans if all can be salvaged structurally. Probably pick up a new bootlid to return to having the OEM spoiler, a different set of wheels (may put my CCW LM5T on if I don't just sell them) and just enjoy it as a largely stock offering. :)

Here are a few pics of the car in it's prime a few years back. :thumbs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=233409&d=1569959783

attachment.php?attachmentid=233410&d=1569959798

attachment.php?attachmentid=233411&d=1569959811

Marc1.jpg

Marc2.jpg

Marc3.jpg

• 7 months later...
Thats a nice Supra though... sheeesh :)

Love the Flush with the Work. Imo the S1 are one of the wheels for the car

Yep, they are a lovely wheel. I'm putting them onto my other Supra instead. Just need to decide on how I'm going to finish them and then buy new lips (going to narrow them down a bit so I can run a bigger tyre as mentioned in original post). :)

Lovely car mate.

To solve the height issue I can highly recommend air cups.

Mine is low and I can get over huge speed humps and car parks now. Definitely recommended.

Love the seats

I just wound the coilovers up a good few turns; more to my preference now!

Like the look of it but wonder what the geo is like, looks like its got a fair bit of camber

It did have, but that has since been changed!

James, can’t believe Marc has sold it, haven’t seen you guys for years and haven’t seen Marc’s supe about for a long time. What’s he in now?

Hi Keith, long time indeed - we need to arrange a meet at some point! Marc is in a Toyota bB now!

Always loved that car! Good to see it going to a good home.

What did Marc replace it with?

Marc is now in a Toyota bB! It has some very nice bits on it and looks great!

---

I haven't done anything with this particular Supra at all yet other than take some of my favourite bits off/out of it (interior & wheels!). I have, however, bought some Japan Racing JR10s (CCW Classic reps) that it will sit on for a while (it is on black stock 17s just now).

I need to decide what to do with the exterior; thinking to remove the skirts and revert back to OEM pods/sills and put an OEM spoiler back on. Probably some facelift indicators/sidelights as well. If doing the above, I'll likely take the diffuser off as well.

Lastly, I have some Recaro SR5 (black with red stitch) to go in. They were in my other Supra, but with the red leather swapped into that I'll just put them into this one. :thumbs: