The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t bws360

Mike2JZ

Engine Type - NA-T

Engine Spec - Stock GE, TTHG, ARP Headstuds, 550 Siemens Injector, Whifbitz NA-T Kit, SRD Intercooler, TT Inlet Manifold welded to NA runners.

Turbo - BW360 0.88 A/R

Fuel Used - Shell Vpower

Exhaust - 3''

Transmission - R154 & A01A

ECU - Link

Mapped By - SRD

Dyno Used - SRD

Power figure - 450hp @ wheels (~530bhp)

Torque figure - 450 ft.lbs @ wheels (~530 ft.lbs fly}

Boost Pressure - 1.3 Bar (11.5 AFR) [~80% injector duty]

Not my supra, friend of mine who's not on the forum. Results from Whifbitz kit are pretty good though, thought some of the NA-T guys may be interested in what it could achieve.

IIRC 1.3 was on the limit of the distributor, anything more would cause misfire so will need coil conversion for more boost.

Wastegate Pressure (0.8 bar)

attachment.php?attachmentid=233324&stc=1&d=1568749423

1.3 Bar

attachment.php?attachmentid=233323&stc=1&d=1568749423

Comparison

attachment.php?attachmentid=233325&stc=1&d=1568749423

Chris NA-T 1.3 Bar.png

Chris NA-T Wastegate.png

Chris NA-T Compare.png

Edited by Mike2JZ (see edit history)

Good numbers there. Was the ignition system all new components? I’ve heard of dizzy NA-T’s going into the 500’s but I sometimes wonder if that’s just down to different dynos

Don't think the ignition system was especially new, just stock leads as well. Put some new NGK BKR8E plugs in before mapping, but had to drop gap to 0.6mm to avoid miss at 1.3 bar. Perhaps with new rotor and beefier leads it would allow for more boost, but prefer the coil route as it allows for per cylinder control due to direct spark.

Good numbers there. Was the ignition system all new components? I’ve heard of dizzy NA-T’s going into the 500’s but I sometimes wonder if that’s just down to different dynos

It's not so much the distributor, it's the 10:1 compression that restricts boost to 1.3bar max before pre-ignition becomes a problem.

For more than 450ish bhpftlb, fitting a GTE headgasket drops the GE compression to 9:1 and which then allows more boost.

Don't think the ignition system was especially new, just stock leads as well. Put some new NGK BKR8E plugs in before mapping, but had to drop gap to 0.6mm to avoid miss at 1.3 bar. Perhaps with new rotor and beefier leads it would allow for more boost, but prefer the coil route as it allows for per cylinder control due to direct spark.

Even at 1bar I was running into issues every now and again so it's good to know you guys have managed to push it a little further than that. I've just gone CoP on mine and didn't realise how straight forward it was. Wish I'd done it years ago

It's not so much the distributor, it's the 10:1 compression that restricts boost to 1.3bar max before pre-ignition becomes a problem.

For more than 450ish bhpftlb, fitting a GTE headgasket drops the GE compression to 9:1 and which then allows more boost.

It's already got a GTE headgasket installed.

Edited by Style (see edit history)

I ran 501hp with the dizzy without any issues. On dynojet. I'm certain it would have done more easy enough. Went cold though to save myself the pain.

Did you do the cop yourself mate ?

Was looking to do the same on mine

I sourced and fitted the parts but it's being wired in at the moment by someone who knows what they're doing as I'm hopeless at that stuff.

I picked up 2JZ-GE VVTi coil packs, a Toyota DH61 igniter, TT oil pump, TT crank trigger, 2 TT crank sensors and a plug for the hole that the distributor goes into. I used a bracket and custom cam gears for the cam signal but you can easy just weld the cam sensor onto the cam covers like this guy has done.

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/how-to-go-distributorless-with-tt-sensors.571928/

Can you post graph. Be good to get some other NA-T's on dizzy on the forum for other people's reference.

Dont have a graph sadly mate with the 501hp. Was only testing to see if there were any boost issues with the exhaust manifold.

The coil conversion that we did using Syvecs was relatively straight forward. Using Audi R8 coils.

I'm sure many US boys have got higher hp values with the dizzy. I can recall seeing various values over the years.

I still retain the dizzy gear mechanism for cam position, so if I go cams itll be quite the opportunity as I haven't seen anyone on any forums use the BC pre vvti cams yet on a build.