The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 Twin Turbo 6 speed 58k miles

thedirtycat

I've had this car for 7 years now. I originally bought it from Jurgen(JM Imports) as I was after a supra for years and he was just importing this one at the time and he seemed to the best person to buy from.

I still love the car but I just don't drive it enough these days. When I first had it there was a local car club and I used to go to most of the car shows but now I only drive it now and again and at the point where I want to maybe buy a house etc.

Spec:

Blitz Icolour Boost controller set to 1.2 bar of boost(one of the better ones, great for if you want to upgrade to single turbo)

HKS fuel cut defender

5zigen exhaust

blitz air filter

blitz bov(older one could do with upgrading)

yokohama tyres

BC coilovers(brand new)

BBS alloys

Denon CD player with subwoofers in the back(sounds really good but subs stopped working, probably a loose connection, stopped working when I hit a pot hole)

Recently there had been a knocking noise on the rear right ended up replacing all 4 corners with BC coilovers supplied by Timothy BIll at TB Developments.

Also while that was done I had the oil changed and oil filter replaced. Also year ago I had a load of the turbo hoses replaced for silicone ones as they were splitting.

MOT was just done recently. I think only a few months ago but will have to check the paper work but only advisories I think was the suspension which has now all been replaced anyway.

For some reason I was told I had to have new number plates and the rear one is now thin and does not cover the hole on the rear which looks stupid but I do have the old number plate that fits or maybe the hole behind could be filled.

Now the only issues with this car is the passenger lock does not unlock when you use the key to open the drivers side so I always just open in once I'm in the car to let passengers in. Think its just sticky as its opened once before.

The other thing is as you will see in the pictures is its still missing the front lip which I just never got around to putting on as I had an aftermarket front bumper originally but some idiot drove into the front of the car while I was away on holiday meaning I had to replace the front bumper and replace the front left wing.

This means the front bumper and front left wing look a slightly darker red to the rest of the car as obviously the rest of the paint is more faded than the newer paint. I think the rear must have been changed or sprayed before I bought it as that seems a little darker too. The other problem is some idiot also keyed the side of the car a few years ago and I managed to improve it as much as I could.

Mechanically there is nothing wrong with the car and it drives great but I think this is perfect for someone who can get the car sprayed cheap or could maybe get it done themselves.

The only other thing I can think of is the Alloys could maybe do with a refurb.

Located in Hereford

£20,000

Wasn't sure on what price to sell it for as the range that people are selling them for is so big but I know the most expensive ones are going for 30k or more so priced a bit lower assuming it will be a great car after a respray and front lip added.

Please message me if you want more details. I'm not as good as some of the others with writing down all the details of it but If I missed anything just ask and I can find out for you.

Edited by thedirtycat (see edit history)

Good luck with the sale, also, that Denon head unit is cool as feck!

Thanks. Yea, its just a shame there is no sound coming out of the subwoofers. I remember when they were working they sounded amazing. I remember I worked in a hi-fi shop before and they sold some Denon equipment and it was good quality. I'm sure the subwoofers are just a loose connection but was never sure what place around here could sort it out. Thinking about it might be worth getting a picture of the subs in the back so people can see them as well.

You can use, legally, the large motorcycle size rear plate. That covers the hole, just. I've never seen a front plate mounted in the air intake before. Does that affect the engine cooling and air conditioning condenser efficiency? You probably should add in mileage as I'd expect that to be quoted as relatively low if its a JM import and also whether you are still running km's or if JM converted it to miles and mph. Red is a good colour so pricing close to the initial asking price will probably come down to how bad the paint damage is from the key incident and everyday hassle things like do you have functioning remote control locking (seeing you only mention opening with the key and its impossible to clone new keys to the Toyota c/l unit on JDM cars).

You can use, legally, the large motorcycle size rear plate. That covers the hole, just. I've never seen a front plate mounted in the air intake before. Does that affect the engine cooling and air conditioning condenser efficiency? You probably should add in mileage as I'd expect that to be quoted as relatively low if its a JM import and also whether you are still running km's or if JM converted it to miles and mph. Red is a good colour so pricing close to the initial asking price will probably come down to how bad the paint damage is from the key incident and everyday hassle things like do you have functioning remote control locking (seeing you only mention opening with the key and its impossible to clone new keys to the Toyota c/l unit on JDM cars).

Thanks for the reply. Milage I put in the title. Its 58k milage although it does display it in km in the car. The car was actually in kmh when I first got I went to see Keiron and got it converted to mph. The scratch is not really that bad its only bad on the panel with the fuel cap. I'll try to take a couple of pictures of it and add that so people can see but like I say because the bumper and front left wing were replaced they look a darker red and think it would be best if the car just had a full respray so I think it would be good for someone that can get a respray done cheap or do it themselves. I was thinking about getting it resprayed before selling but I'm sure someone can find somewhere to do it cheaper than me. Got quoted 4k to do a full respray.

I only have a normal key, no remote control locking. I didn't even know they ever came with remote control locking.

Not too sure about the number plate on the front. I'm sure I spoke to someone about and they said it doesn't matter I think. I've had no problems with it though. There are actually still the two holes above it where it should be like you said. I've no idea why the garage that fitted number plate stuck it there. Can easily be moved up to where it should be though.

Things like no c/l will put a lot of people off. You can buy modules with remote fobs cheap enough off eBay and elsewhere for literally a few £. I wouldn't expect a contentment auto electrician would charge more than a couple of hours labour to fit it. Things like that really do add a lot to the value for not a lot of outlay. You cannot get the front plate holder any longer unless there is a second hand one knocking around. Though I have seen a company in Australia advertising machined aluminium ones. I think moving the front plate, going for a larger rear plate and a c/l module would reap you a good dividends against the amount of outlay and help move the vehicle on faster and for the price you are after.

Things like no c/l will put a lot of people off. You can buy modules with remote fobs cheap enough off eBay and elsewhere for literally a few £. I wouldn't expect a contentment auto electrician would charge more than a couple of hours labour to fit it. Things like that really do add a lot to the value for not a lot of outlay. You cannot get the front plate holder any longer unless there is a second hand one knocking around. Though I have seen a company in Australia advertising machined aluminium ones. I think moving the front plate, going for a larger rear plate and a c/l module would reap you a good dividends against the amount of outlay and help move the vehicle on faster and for the price you are after.

I think its just sticky on the passenger side. There is no problem with locking it. Its just when I unlock it, the passenger lock doesnt unlock but its never bothered me as I just jump in and flick it unclocked from the inside and my passenger can jump in. Or do you mean people won't want to buy it without having a remote fob to lock and unlock it with ? I thought they were going to sort the lock at the garage when I took it in last but might have to take it back then as it will probably be a quick fix I would imagine.

I see what you mean about the front plate holder for the number plate. Was just having a look on google.

I already have the larger rear number pate for the back. The only reason I hadn't put it back on is because I thought it was illegal now as at my last MOT I was told I had to have these new small number plates but if you say that large rear one is fine, its just sat in the back of the car and I can stick it back on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.