The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When do you take your supra off the road for winter?

Nathanj1142

Early nights are coming - it’s time to start thinking about putting my car away for winter and starting some body work repairs and what not.

What time of year do you all start putting your cars away? Some days now seem to be pissing it down in the morning then beaming sun in the afternoon. Do you put your cars away at all?

Some of my undersell has started to come away and can see some brown sills 濫

I am keeping mine taxed and insured right through this year but it will be getting tucked up at the first sign of a gritter! Want to keep it mobile for the occasional day of sunshine.

Part of me wants to tear it apart and clean it up but then I’d also like to keep it road ready incase of some sun like you say!!

I don’t see the point in sorning it until there is salt on the roads, as there are still sunny and dry days before winter hits us.

My Supra I owned for 7 years and my current one of 5 years, are usually sorned November to April (Once salt hits the road and then has cleared off).

I have to ask, members who have sorned their Supra at the start of September.... why sorn so early, when there is no salt on the roads and there are sunny days till October / early November time??!!

Mine will be sorned end of this month.

I will usually give my cars a really good clean while it’s still warm enough. It’s not just about the salt for me, it’s about the general mud and crap on the roads that is accumulated during autumn

They will be in carcoons in the garage until april

I'm holidaying in mine this week in the Lake District. Having a fantastic week cruising these great roads. Only one day of slight rain so far.

Never sorn mine, use as often as poss cos i love driving it. I just leave on driveway if it snows too heavy.

I just dont use it when the roads have been gritted and wet, then again i dont usually use it if the roads are wet in summer. IF the roads are dry and have not been gritted ill take it out in winter but i have some special anti corrosion liquid mixed up in a big 6lt pressure sprayer that i spray underneath before i put it back in the garage.

• 4 weeks later...

Painted the garage floor last week, gave the Supra a good clean yesterday and put it away for the winter on trickle.

Will probably run a small dehumidifier in there too just for the sake of it.

Got quite a few plans for it next march including better brakes, boost controller and some eibach springs. Along with a service & mot when it comes out of hibernation

250E14B7-C43E-4110-A4EC-899CD785B589.JPG

With a dehumidifier you get what you pay for. I use a mid range one that comes in around the £200 mark but its really good at its job and you can set it to automatically run if the humidity is over 50%. Thats a car critical level below which rust cannot occur.

That's interesting, thanks for that! Mine you can set it like you said to come on above a certain %'age so i'll set it at 45 or something with a hose trailing out the garage