The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What’s the average mileage on a MKIV?

kslb

This thread makes me smile a little because most Jspecs will have been adjusted before going to auctions so unless you have the jap service book mileage needs to be taken with a pinch of salt:taped:

Depends where you got your car imported.. I’m sure people like JM imports will do there homework on things like this lol

I have service history

Good luck understanding it

But then again would you believe I have done 19k miles in 14 years ????? With hardly any history apart from MOT’s

You can only satisfy yourself it's genuine or the car looks worth it regardless when you buy one, pre facelifts have digital odo's and they can be swapped between cars, perhaps even disconnected for long periods with no ill effects so a mileage minefield.

Can't see a Japanese service book proving much either? Books are always easy to forge?

Mot history definitely helps though as despite the above not many people can be bothered as they were always cheap cars so there was little point, and barely anyone drives them daily now, I bet you'd struggle to find someone who has done say 40k miles in the last 5 years?

Yea I have a jap service history but couldn't make head nor tail.

The car was imported by Torque but hand on heart was it an 80000km car when I bought it?

I have accrued 50K miles in 10 years and still use it daily for the commute to work. Mad? Yep probably

Cars are for using so not mad at all! At the end of the day decent traders and informed private buyers are always checking the cars out so the owners before you will have ultimately been satisfied, and until recently all previous owners would/should have made more effort as they'd have been paying more.

Now though in the new price era it may be scrutinising more, as an owner if you can find provenance and proof to back up at least some years it will all help imo.

If you can convince yourself....you can convince others, and real 100% cast iron proof is impossible.

Mine are on 130k miles (black) and 99k (red)

Always compare the wear to the mileage especially the interior.

I have seen many jdm imports with extremely low km but the wear on the drivers seat told a different story!

The average mileage was 12k but I think it’s 20k per year making the majority of mkivs are low mileage based on that.

Edited by blythmrk (see edit history)