Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Odometer board - am i miissing something?

  1. #1
    Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    6,340
    Feedback
    29 (100%)

    Odometer board - am i miissing something?

    Has anyone got one they can check or a picture, looks like a chip or film resistor thingy should be here? want to make sure my odometer is working properly due to its involement in the speed sensor signal


  2. #2
    BPU happy Events Organiser Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,407
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    That does look as far as you can tell from that photo that there was something there.

    However, you said in a previous post that you have done the pink wire mod, so if thats the case not a lot on the odo board other than a dead short that would kill the VSS signal and would possibly cause you gear shift problems. As built the VSS signal goes through a small buffer circuit before heading off to other places. The pink wire mod essentially bypasses this buffer and the odo only needs to see the signal to clock up.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    Satin black BPU. 12.83 1/4 @ Santa Pod Saturday night special May 2015
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

    Daily commute BMW E53 X5 M57 power
    Nissan Navara D22 twin cab PU,Mercedes W210 E300TD, W202 250TD powered by veggie oil,
    Vauxhall Tigra with Isuzu diesel engine conversion. Powered by veg oil

  3. #3
    Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    6,340
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    That does look as far as you can tell from that photo that there was something there.

    However, you said in a previous post that you have done the pink wire mod, so if thats the case not a lot on the odo board other than a dead short that would kill the VSS signal and would possibly cause you gear shift problems. As built the VSS signal goes through a small buffer circuit before heading off to other places. The pink wire mod essentially bypasses this buffer and the odo only needs to see the signal to clock up.
    Ok cheers Shane makes sence. The odo racks up the miles so thall mean the signal is good. Can knock the odo out of the equation. Spoke to Keron, going to look at the speedo converter. I rememver DavidP soldering it and it was a tiny chip with a hole in it. Going for a decent built kit.

  4. #4
    BPU happy Events Organiser Shane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    4,407
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evinX View Post
    Ok cheers Shane makes sence. The odo racks up the miles so thall mean the signal is good. Can knock the odo out of the equation. Spoke to Keron, going to look at the speedo converter. I rememver DavidP soldering it and it was a tiny chip with a hole in it. Going for a decent built kit.
    If you have the pimk wire mod you can actually unplug the odo board completely and that would take the odo out of the picture 100%. Out of interest, what is the actual problem you are trying to sort out?
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    Satin black BPU. 12.83 1/4 @ Santa Pod Saturday night special May 2015
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

    Daily commute BMW E53 X5 M57 power
    Nissan Navara D22 twin cab PU,Mercedes W210 E300TD, W202 250TD powered by veggie oil,
    Vauxhall Tigra with Isuzu diesel engine conversion. Powered by veg oil

  5. #5
    Posting is my life! Club Member evinX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England - Northamptonshire
    Posts
    6,340
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    If you have the pimk wire mod you can actually unplug the odo board completely and that would take the odo out of the picture 100%. Out of interest, what is the actual problem you are trying to sort out?
    I did a post about idle in this section with a video, on cold start im get a thudding and change of exhaust note. Youd think timing is the culprit but it drives fine and when warm it purrs perfectly. But around 1k revs it likes to thud a little. And sometimes accelerating. But not often enough to be something consistant.

    So far im thinking...ICV...speedo converter failing causing dodgy signals...ecu again?...transmission sensors. I know its idle related but im so sure the timings bang on as we did the water pump recently and timing was taken care of

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •