The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff talk.

FOSTA

Can any of you guys recommend some options for differential setups. The problem Ive come across is that I've completed a t56 6 speed conversion, however, I broke some teeth off my crown wheel many months back now. My differential is the A02B (TT auto jap import).

With this the recommended differential ratio is between 4.10-4.30 to match the gearbox.

I've spent months trying to find a used A02B in good condition but with no luck.

I know of the Ford 8.8 conversion at which I'm thinking is my only option now, but due to the expense of this conversion, means that I'll not get the supra back on the road this year due to needing to save the remaining funds to purchase it.

So I've come here to see if anyone else has any other suggestions as I just want to enjoy this car again. :thumbs:

Long time no speak Jamie. Be interesting to have any feedback on the T56 swap. I spoke to Joel at Grannas. I'm currently running A01B.

I did think it would be easier doing both at the same time but youre right man the cost is definitely there.

Hi mate, yeah I did have it up for sale a while back. The diff decided to fail quite a few month back also, so once I get it sorted I'll have to see if I want to sell up or keep it. In all honesty I'd rather not sell as I've put far too much work into it, but at the same time I need the funds to help with my pilot licence, so sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Long time no speak Jamie. Be interesting to have any feedback on the T56 swap. I spoke to Joel at Grannas. I'm currently running A01B.

I did think it would be easier doing both at the same time but youre right man the cost is definitely there.

It's a ridiculous easy swap mate, if you can build lego then you can do the conversion. Joel supplies all nuts and bolts so it's just a case of unbolting your old box then refitting your new kit. The only thing you need to think about is the hydrollic release bearing (which is also real easy). With this you just need to measure the clearance, its as easy as adding 2+2 which I got a value of 16 lol (jokes).

The only thing with the T56 is its slightly more expensive than going 6 speed gatrag in the UK due to shipping and import taxes. But on the plus side its a brand new and more modern box.

It's a ridiculous easy swap mate, if you can build lego then you can do the conversion. Joel supplies all nuts and bolts so it's just a case of unbolting your old box then refitting your new kit. The only thing you need to think about is the hydrollic release bearing (which is also real easy). With this you just need to measure the clearance, its as easy as adding 2+2 which I got a value of 16 lol (jokes).

The only thing with the T56 is its slightly more expensive than going 6 speed gatrag in the UK due to shipping and import taxes. But on the plus side its a brand new and more modern box.

Done the hydraulic release bearing on my R154 mate! So sure I can figure it out.

Can imagine taxes be a sore figure.

Glad you like it. Gave you ever driven a v160.

Which T56 did you go with. The 700 ft lb rated setup?

How much is the 8in diff?