The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's best for supra owners - brexit or remain?

herbiemercman

For supra owners leave is the best option if your selling......Chances are our pound will continue to go down for a bit making our cars cheaper for people to buy from aboard.

For keeping.........remain as the parts will follow suit and cost us more.

Personally........Leave as soon as the EU told Cameron and his plea to reform to piss off thats enough for me. My elected PM begging to people i didn't elect to change and being told to run along is in my view not what i want to be a part of.

The first point won't hold true for any potential buyer in the EU, only the US. No one in the EU will want to pay VAT and duty on top of the UK selling price, the pound would need to drop 30% relative to the euro to cover the VAT and duty

The first point won't hold true for any potential buyer in the EU, only the US. No one in the EU will want to pay VAT and duty on top of the UK selling price, the pound would need to drop 30% relative to the euro to cover the VAT and duty

They would as it will still be cheaper then a LHD supra.

Firm exiter here, the EU have proven incapable of handling economic migrants, the situation has festered uncontrolled apart from Italy and Hungary, and perhaps Poland, and talk of aan EU army is risible, when last tested in the Balkans the EU was a waste of time and they had to rely again on the Yanks to sort things out. They are corrupt, most of the top brass have criminal baggage, too big to make snap decisions in a crisis and hell bent on a European Super State a part of which i have no desire whatsoever to become. I am an old fashioned Nationalist and sovereignty, now a dirty word amongst university leavers, is something I treasure.

Any missing or duplicate "a's" is down to fag ash in the laptop keyboard....Bloody thing ;)

agreed lets get out we dont need the eu telling us how to run our once great island

Wow, this thread got a lot of people "out of bed", we had one PM called Wilson and i never realized we could have another one from Nantwich, lol.

I voted "Leave", at that point in time Nigel Farrage was my hero, the hub for many in Lancashire towns was immigration, as large areas have been taken over, the pubs closed and the Brits moved out . This i now realize was tunnel vision and the much bigger picture has over the past 3 years has now come to light.

MY CURRENT OPINION:

1.The immigrants from the EU, Poles etc are good workers, we need them and they tend to stay in the South, and they integrate, unlike the Asians.

2. There are so many important things we rely on the EU for, business, European labour, food, meds, etc.

3. We are not "Great Britain" anymore, the Commonwealth days are long gone and fading, we cannot stand alone with Globalization and the likes of Russia and China at our door.

4. I carried out a "SWOT" analysis, Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, and a "Pareto Analysis", this took me to "Remain".

Herbie.

Wisely said. I used to work 12 hour days in a petfood factory and the amount of fellow englishmen that came to work there was terrifying. I think the longest a fellow Brit made it was dinnertime so only 6 hours. Most were out by first break and never came back :search:

Very random, however, I don’t want to apply for a visa every time I want to visit the Nurburgring.

Yes it’s not perfect, but in a world where I can order a part from a Japanese tuning shop on Sunday night and it arrives the next Thursday, do we need to put up barriers? We are all citizens of planet earth, let’s remove all boarders and roam our planet, make friends and enjoy.

Just my little utopian view.

Love to all.

do we need to put up barriers? We are all citizens of planet earth, let’s remove all boarders and roam our planet, make friends and enjoy.

Actually, the ability of our planet to sustain plant/animal life will very much depend on us controlljng the size of the human population, and how it moves.

Freedom of movement (EU and otherwise) creates a huge demand for flights goods etc which cause global warming. Mass movements of people causes the destruction of our irreplaceable green field, brown field and forest habitats, destroying our biodiversity and removing the very things which create the oxygen which allows us to live.

Technology allows us to communicate with people all over the planet, and to see the natural wonder of the planet. We do not need to see it all first hand, amd we cetrainly dont want to be encouraging mass migrations.

Very random, however, I don’t want to apply for a visa every time I want to visit the Nurburgring.

Yes it’s not perfect, but in a world where I can order a part from a Japanese tuning shop on Sunday night and it arrives the next Thursday, do we need to put up barriers? We are all citizens of planet earth, let’s remove all boarders and roam our planet, make friends and enjoy.

Love to all.

/QUOTE]

As in send `em back....? ;)

Love to all.

/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you used to do LSD and now you're trying the LDP? :)

This is what the governments tell you after big business has bribed them so they can let our wages stagnate and not pay us what we deserve for doing those jobs. Minimum wage is a fortune for an Eastern European or rural indian so they'll happily work for less, accept lower housing and food standards, etc, bringing it down for the rest of us.

Your experience may vary depending where you live / work. Harrypm82 has seen this first hand. Look around East Anglia at the potato / beet and industry around there for similar story. I agree, minimum wage is way too high.

I don't understand about standards lowering? Stats would indicate the opposite has been happening for many years?

Because we have £1 mcdonalds burgers and costa coffees and facebook and the idiot box to keep us happy and the news media to keep us brainwashed, and work all day every day to keep us just too tired to be bothered to do anything that threatens their rule. Nobody will be out in the streets until life becomes too uncomfortable to keep them happy, by which point it will be too late.

Sad but some truth in that.

An excellent and balanced post, if a referendum on one of the most important topics in our recent history is to be wrangled by those that are incapable of losing due to whatever, it sets a frightening precedent for any future vote that may take place in the UK....

There are laws governing how to campaign and although there are always some "mistruths" in any political party manifest the outright lies that surrounded the leave campaign were downright abhorrent. The EU vote along with Trump were the first two real campaigns to use technology to effectively target and manipulate voters directly, along with the rise of unregulated social networking to spread opinions rather than facts I believe is what has caused so much consternation. As for how we vote our parties in, there's the whole first past the post vs proportional representation argument been raging on for years.

4. I carried out a "SWOT" analysis, Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, and a "Pareto Analysis", this took me to "Remain".

Herbie.

That's pretty impressive. I feel my preparation is inadequate.

Wisely said. I used to work 12 hour days in a petfood factory and the amount of fellow englishmen that came to work there was terrifying. I think the longest a fellow Brit made it was dinnertime so only 6 hours. Most were out by first break and never came back :search:

I worked in a garlic bread factory and hospital linen - similar story.

We are all citizens of planet earth, let’s remove all boarders and roam our planet, make friends and enjoy.

That would be lovely, but unfortunately humans have a long way to go before unification. Are you a Star

Technology allows us to communicate with people all over the planet, and to see the natural wonder of the planet. We do not need to see it all first hand, amd we cetrainly dont want to be encouraging mass migrations.

So I shouldn't be able to go to my own house in Greece or explore the planet now? Bollocks to that.

Out of the rotten EU as quick as possible

Interesting....care to elaborate on how it's affected you directly?

Lets face it, anything else on this planet is fucked while we're on it, including us !

Although I agree with the sentiment, it would be wiser to make choices that slow the process a little.

A global plague to cull us back a tad is req :rolleyes:

Nature often finds a way. We've had a few outbreaks in recent years...maybe the big one is coming.

Oh and i want out the EU too and think we'll do fine once the dust has settled

Some people speculate the dust could take our lifetime to settle, I guess we'll find out. It could be we've had the best it could ever be and it's all down hill from here.

Edited by Pete (see edit history)