The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For Sale or Swap 2008 Supercharged Lexus IS-F 5L V8

Peter P

Morning All,

So felt it was time to test the waters and see what interest there might be in a swap for a Supra. When I originally posted this up a year or so back I was looking at a swap with cash my way, but with strong pricing for Supra's continuing, I would entertain a straight swap for the right TT auto. Whilst I would like to get a TT6, don't think this is possible unless someone has a car that needs some work/TLC? I'm open to offers, but not looking for an n/a. My car is well known to Lee P and the team at SRD having done the lion's share of the work including the supercharger kit from RR-Racing. This alone would set you back £10k (possibly more with the weak £/$ ROE). Car is in very good condition and will be getting a professional detail in October if it doesn't sell/swap before then. For those who know me I have always been a die hard Supra fan since my early teens. Have had the privilege of owning several over the years (some better than others!), but when my boys grew I soon realised I couldn't justify shoe horning them into the tiny rear seats! Hence I opted for the Lexus IS-F. This car was designed funnily enough by the same guy who did the MK4 Supra (no wonder I liked it!), and is a real wolf in sheep's clothing (maybe not so much with this example!). I do love this car having taken it from bone stock to the tastefully modified example it is today. Here are some of the key mods:

• RR-Racing RR625 Supercharger Kit, RR-Racing Air/Oil Separator, RR-Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS)

• PPE performance headers and mid-pipes with hi-flow race cats welded in

• Hayward & Scott performance exhaust

• Wedsport SA67R 19’ alloys refinished in gloss black with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres

• Triple gauge central air vent pod skinned in carbon

• Defi Advance CR Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp gauges

• Flat bottomed steering wheel

• Seibon TS2 carbon vented bonnet – painted OEM colour except for vents

• Carbon fibre upper front grill surround

• Carbon fibre gauge cluster surround

• Custom Cobra Misano Anniversary seats with unique blue stitching and carbon backs

• Carbon skinned rear armrest, carbon skinned door switch covers, carbon skinned centre console and rear armrest

• Wald carbon boot spoiler, carbon roof spoiler, Arkym carbon diffuser, carbon pillar covers, Novel carbon fender ducts and mirror extensions

• Aeroworx carbon front splitters

• F Sport uprated rear sway bar

• BC BR coilovers suspension with uprated Swift springs

• RR-Racing air/oil separator, ultimate steering response system

• Kawasaki green Brembo OEM calipers

• Re-worked blacked out OEM headlights with halo rings

• Project Mu slotted discs with Project Mu HC+800 pads and Endless RF-650 brake fluid

• Stop-tech stainless steel brake lines

A bit more info from the RR-Racing website on their RR625 supercharger kit: The RR-Racing RR625 Supercharger Kit produces approximately 625hp, or 510-530whp. Kit is built around a Rotrex C38-91 supercharger, and comes with FMIC, and all associated pipes, dry sump oiling system with oil cooler, dedicated drive system, custom ATI harmonic crank damper, billet tensioner system, dual BOV’s. I have also added additional oil coolers for both the engine (in addition to the OEM cooler) and automatic gearbox.

The car achieved 642.1HP back in late 2017 (dyno printout available). This was at just 0.5 bar boost as the kit is made to ensure the usual Lexus reliability isn't adversely impacted.

There were only around 213 ISF's sold in the UK and this is the only UK example running a supercharger kit.

Current mileage is just below 70k which is low for the age with just 2 former keepers. Car has a long MOT (will check paperwork and confirm when I get home) and absolutely no reason it shouldn't fly through the next one (or ten!).

If I was looking to sell the car I would be after £23-24k as I think this is very fair considering I have spent more than that on just the modifications (I bought the car stock 4 or 5yrs ago for £21k).

One thing I will really miss is the sound of that lovely V8 and the fact you never see any of these on the roads unless you are going to an owner's club meet!

Car hasn't put a foot wrong in terms of reliability, I just can't shake the desire to get another Supra.

I'm based in Higham in Kent and the car is locked up in a nice dry garage with weekend and show use mainly these days.

I'll post up some photos shortly. If you have any questions or might be interested in a swap text me on 07734 994867 or PM/post here and I will contact you.

Thanks for your time guys.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Peter P
No longer available (see edit history)

Love this car! Had the pleasure of hearing it in person once when i was at SRD and it sounded epic!

Good luck with the sale :)

Thanks, does sound pretty beastly! Lol. ;)

I know I’ll miss it if it does sell/swap, but can’t shake the desire to get another Supra!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.