The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a true TRD lsd and what would it be worth?

dougie1983

I have just removed this from my soarer when putting it back to standard, im not looking to sell it at the moment as i might keep it for the supra that i have just bought.

When i imported the soarer it was advertised as having a trd lsd.

I have popped the back cover off it and took some pictures, i count 49 teeth on the crown wheel other than that i have no idea what ratio it is.

snow white story plot

Looks like a CUSCO or that other Jap aftermarket thing. Does it clonk and grumble when manoeuvring? It appears to have two options on ramp angles?

EDIT, perhaps a KAAZ?

It came fitted to my car from japan when i imported it, was advertised as a trd unit, its pretty quiet i get the usual scrubbing when cornering at low speeds

It could be a TRD I think some of the last ones did have the option of changing ramp angles, I would need to access a backup and look at some photos, not fitted one for years. If it is a TRD it should work well, although they have minimal preload so as to be quiet and civilised for the average user. Giken use some trickery to run plenty of preload yet remain quiet and snatch free, albeit you need to use their very costly diff oil to ensure this longterm. The good thing about Giken apart from they are damned good is YOU CAN BUY SPARES! How cool is that these days? :)