Thread: Whats a TOMS ecu worth

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback

Whats a TOMS ecu worth

Hi. Im going single in 2 weeks so will make the permanent switch to my standalone shortly afterwards. Whats my factory upgrade TOMS ecu worth? It has higher fuel cut so no FCD needed, no speed limiter, higher rev limit and more aggressive timing. 2-300 quid would be my stab in the dark.

Cheers

Got the shiny bug. Club Member ripped_fear's Avatar
    Feedback
    95 (100%)
    400 ish maybe. I just gave that for a mines

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I went from a 220bhp Sapphire Cosworth > Supra TT BPU circa 400 BHP......................BUt dont worry I had plenty of experiance on Mario Kart -scotty71
    If you were an engine would you like JP as your owner:-)? I'd report him to the RSPCE (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Engines).-Chris Wilson
    That was SupraPond 2010. WaspyPod was a corker, never seen to many wasps in one place.-Branners
    I am bad, but then I'm not a moderator....Im so much more.-Branners
    You are bloody nuts. Nothing comes close dude, what the hell would you replace it with? A GTR, that's like going from Kiera Knightley to Susan Boyle.-Supra Gaz

Feedback
    Awesome, thanks mate

Dragonballer Club Member Ian Ian's Avatar
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Does anybody know if the ECU works both with 6 speed gearbox and the Tiptronic box ?

Cheers
    -Ian-
    Black 1998 VVTi Tiptronic

Got the shiny bug. Club Member ripped_fear's Avatar
    Feedback
    95 (100%)
    Think most of these will work on a 6 speed but not the other way around unless the original ecu was from an auto

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I went from a 220bhp Sapphire Cosworth > Supra TT BPU circa 400 BHP......................BUt dont worry I had plenty of experiance on Mario Kart -scotty71
    If you were an engine would you like JP as your owner:-)? I'd report him to the RSPCE (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Engines).-Chris Wilson
    That was SupraPond 2010. WaspyPod was a corker, never seen to many wasps in one place.-Branners
    I am bad, but then I'm not a moderator....Im so much more.-Branners
    You are bloody nuts. Nothing comes close dude, what the hell would you replace it with? A GTR, that's like going from Kiera Knightley to Susan Boyle.-Supra Gaz

Feedback
    I was also told that

Built not bought! Club Member
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Manual and auto ECUs are different. I just sold a SARD which is essentially the same but the auto version for 350 but that was cheap. A lot of auto ecus out there have issues now and it shows up as problems with the auto box or any other manner of weird faults.