The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OsGiken Street Master Clutch Hard (GT2CD)

Jellybean

Car: 2JZ-GTE MTM 6 Speed

Mileage: 1000 KM or less

Price : 799 gbp

Everything is supplied for installation

Clutch:

- Brand: OS GIKEN

- Product: Street Master Clutch Kit - Twin-Metal Hard

- Part Num: GT2CD (TY031-BQ6)

- Rated to Approx 575 ft-lb (600 - 650 HP)

Additional Parts Supplied

- Movement Kit included.

- Sleeve release bearing included.

- OS Giken Flywheel bolts

Clear up any Confusion

The clutch is marketed as

Street master in JDM (Japan) ,

https://www.osgiken.co.jp/pro_clutch/clutch/gt2cd.html?fbclid=IwAR1wMK4dhTEeYyluDylWDyyqreSwVIeQI3GWlcfCiE5QwicgfzfOyvxToec

Grand touring in the US market (USDM)

https://osgikenusa.com/collections/clutch1/products/ty031-bq6?fbclid=IwAR2ot5yKp2nMUcfS2Xk4AjbMoRSeprBZVMvyfcEbIMrkGc0qJOT8FhUNWSo

Both have the same part number GT2CD (TY031-BQ6)

OS Giken Grand Touring Twin Plate Clutch for an V160 6-speed transmission on a 2JZ engine, type GT2CD. This model clutch uses OS Giken's special "floating pressure system" technology to make this a quiet, rattle-free twin plate clutch! This version also has a firm spring so pedal pressure is a little more then stock, but the power handling is rated at 600-650HP. This is a great street car clutch, with enough power handling for modified single turbo engines. This twin plate clutch/flywheel kit includes the movement alteration kit that changes it from a pull to a push type clutch.

https://www.driftmotion.com/TY031-BQ6-p/dm2563.htm?fbclid=IwAR2ot5yKp2nMUcfS2Xk4AjbMoRSeprBZVMvyfcEbIMrkGc0qJOT8FhUNWSo

Installation

she installs and uses all OEM components( i.e. OEM slave cylinder); first impressions on startup is noise, it is none existent on Idle , cruising and WOT . The Pedal has a really nice feel, sprung enough to allow easy modulation (Slippage) but light enough to not impede drivability , if I was to put a number versus stock 10% heavier pedal.

The biting point would be on par with OEM , slow speeds all smooth , not grabby; Just a pity it will not suit my power levels

To date I would highly recommend this clutch , car is a pleasure to drive and in comparison to an OEM clutch the feel on the pedal with this clutch in my opinion results in a nicer drive.

Ex Customs and VAT

Edited by Jellybean
More pics (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.