The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What water pump is this from?

Imperialrs

Help need with a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone identify what model this water pump is from. I was told the engine is a 2jz gte from an aristo 1996 but all the ones i have seen are different? Most of them have 4 bolts for pulley, i am assuming the whole unit gets replaced as one, picture attached and also noticed the one i have has a vertical part that connects to the water elbow. Is this off a different car?

2. On the water elbow there are two sensors one is water sensor (Bigger one) and small black one what is that for?

3. Just to triple check the crank pulley to take off its anti clockwise? Its solid

Pictures attached.

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Thats an aristo water pump. Aristo uses a hydrofan setup, so it has a hydraulic port and a solenoid to control hydraulics. Will need whole water pump assembly changed with a supra water pump.

Small black sensor is for the dash water temp gauge. Big green sensor is the ECU water temp gauge.

Crank pulley bolt take off is anticlockwise. But they are normally a bastard to take off. You will need to lock the crank pulley with a bar so you can get enough leverage on bolt to loosen it. Could also try starter trick to get it off.

Aristo uses a hydrofan setup, so it has a hydraulic port and a solenoid to control hydraulics.

The grey plug on the solenoid is connected to the Aristo specific ECU to control the fan speeds. I have the correct fan for this setup if your interested in running it all, it will require a high pressure hose to connect to the water pump and a small cooler.

Thanks for reply, ordered a complete supra water pump with house so all good. Water temperature sensors i now understand so thanks for your help with that.

Crank Pulley, Jesus Christ, the crank is locked, got some heat on it, had a 1m breaker bar then half meter extension bar and the breaker bar was just bending and bolt solid FML

Rather than starting a new thread, could you guys help with another couple of questions.

There are two small what look like vacuum lines, along side bigger diameter water pipe, the pipes go to a black cylinder at rear of block, do i need the pipes and cylinder? I am going single turbo.

Looking for 850cc injectors, there are a lot of Denso ones online, are they any good? Seem cheap for what they are? Got around 500 quid to spend. Preferably plug and play items. Seen the ones in the link.

Thanks in advance

PS anyone from the Glasgow area?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-6-TOYOTA-800cc-Denso-Side-Feed-Fuel-Injectors-Supra-2JZ-1JZ-GTE-1J-2J-E85/142476917705?epid=1342631267&hash=item212c493bc9:g:AcUAAOSw6H5alH8c

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

Thanks for reply, ordered a complete supra water pump with house so all good. Water temperature sensors i now understand so thanks for your help with that.

Crank Pulley, Jesus Christ, the crank is locked, got some heat on it, had a 1m breaker bar then half meter extension bar and the breaker bar was just bending and bolt solid FML

Rather than starting a new thread, could you guys help with another couple of questions.

There are two small what look like vacuum lines, along side bigger diameter water pipe, the pipes go to a black cylinder at rear of block, do i need the pipes and cylinder? I am going single turbo.

Looking for 850cc injectors, there are a lot of Denso ones online, are they any good? Seem cheap for what they are? Got around 500 quid to spend. Preferably plug and play items. Seen the ones in the link.

Thanks in advance

PS anyone from the Glasgow area?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-6-TOYOTA-800cc-Denso-Side-Feed-Fuel-Injectors-Supra-2JZ-1JZ-GTE-1J-2J-E85/142476917705?epid=1342631267&hash=item212c493bc9:g:AcUAAOSw6H5alH8c

The two vac ports that go to the cylinder are the hardline feed/return for the sequential turbo pressure tank. If you are going single then no longer needed.

Cheap denso injectors are nothing but nightmare in my opinion. Got reliability issues, hot start issues, low throttle issues. They will work, but not trouble free. The fake cheap versions of actual denso's are even worse.

For around £500, you will have a much better time using something like these: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/fic-toyota-supra-2jz-gte-775cc-injectors.html

Modern bosch based injectors are awesome. Can get OEM driveability out of 1000cc's or more. They also provide lots of useful injector setup data that your tuner will appreciate if you are using a standalone ECU.