The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with value, sorry!

Harps

Hey all. So it might be time for me to sell.

I’ve had this car since 2006, I’m the first owner since import. What would be a decent rough price?

Black auto TT aerotop. 135k km, BPU. Some exterior mods - henkei rp03 wheels, UK spec bonnet scoop, the facelift (I think?) glass headlights, clear indicators. Defi boost & exhaust gauges.

A couple of issues, it has a flashing slip cont light, and error code 42 has this year reappeared which could be related? The roof panel has a couple of large chips on the edge. A few other small bodywork issues which is probably normal for a 25 year old car. It’s also developed a leak from the roof down the drivers side pillar.

Also could do with a new alarm system.

D6F4517A-F85C-40A7-8B58-4E9165ADF0F4.jpeg

Thanks all. A few more details, it’s a ‘93. Original TT, and the interior is in good condition. I put black carpet in a few years ago, supra branded mats, blue dash kit and a double din apple CarPlay stereo.

Underside looks great.

HKS Silent Hipower exhaust that’s anything but silent, HKS dump valve & a K&N filter with a carbon fibre cover that makes an awesome noise when you hit it just right (these things are important!).

Pulls like a train, and looks great. I put in a blitz front spoiler .edu so you can pop it up and down at will. Pretty much all mods were done a while ago, when I had more money. It’s mostly been off the road since I moved to north wales around 2011, though it has been back on the road the past couple of years I’ve not done many miles, mostly due to the cost of driving it. Financially, moving up here was a terrible move!

Has anyone exported out to the US or has that not been as popular also some expected?

I’m gutted to be even thinking of selling but needs must

I'd say 16k-22k depending on condition.. black much more desirable then silver imo. if it was completely stock and mint I'd say 22k

People who value and advertise tt autos for 25k and tt6 for 35k are dreamers, they almost never sell at them prices, just trawl through the selling sites and come back a month later, all the dreamers cars are still on there, unless of course it's in exceptional condition.

Nice car though

This is on auction so it will give you another idea

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113849218066

The guy tried different high values and had to finally resort to bidding, I agree black is more desirable but given yours conditions and this one I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

/QUOTE]

How does that provide a guide for the OP's car? The silver one is not comparable in this case, other than being an aero.

How does that provide a guide for the OP's car? The silver one is not comparable in this case, other than being an aero.
You are right, huge mistake on my part. Though it was the tt but didn't read. Apologies.

If anything I would add what 6k to 8k on top of whatever it finishes, thinking that is the difference between auto NAs and auto TTs normally?

It'd be well worth sorting out the Code 42 fault and rain leak before advertising if you want top money. The roof sealing rubbers are still available from around £300 in the USA. A lot more than they cost a few years ago but at least they are still available. Here is an archive thread going through the Code 42 fault and potential fixes. Add a bit of repair to the chipped targa and combined you could well add £4k-6k to your sales price over selling as is for much less than that outlay.

There are so many cars listed with quite off putting bad bits, such that the ones that come along fault free and commensurate with age marks with a good long ownership history really are the ones that stand out and sell high and sell quickly.

As with all Supra sales right now I think there are very few buyers so you need to be a bit lucky with what you are offering fitting their desires. Be that stock bodied, or manual or aero etc etc.

One can sell in weeks even at a high price if the spec is right/fits. The member who only wanted a Jewel Green one is such an example.

My experience of a few days of advertising is even at the lowest end of the Auto TT pricing the 'buyers' are still looking to chip a fair chunk off, plus it's all pre viewing haggling. I may try America as I think $18-19K is peanuts for a good running TT over there.

Thanks very much all, appreciate the replies. It’s a horrible decision to make but I think the time has come.

I’ll look at getting the issues sorted over the next few weeks and get a advert done. With everything sorted I’m thinking around £19k.

I’m off to cry in a darkened room

I think your all under estimating the gz aero rarity. To suggest this is worth less than a converted na is madness

This ^

I wouldn't be throwing your GZ up for that price, they are the closest thing Japan got to a limited edition model and i'm sure you could figure out how many in your spec were built. Don't be so hasty, take a look around then chose the price you want. Also get your Supra registered here (https://thesupraregistry.com) :)

E2A

I would also add, your Supra will be in more demand than the yellow one that sold on here.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)