The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Clutch V160

Tyson

The clutch needs replacing where is the best place to get a new OEM clutch ? I am also replacing the flywheel too. Apart from the 2 main things I have mentioned what other parts will need replacing when I do these ? Part numbers would be great too.

Cheers,

Mike

The clutch needs replacing where is the best place to get a new OEM clutch ? I am also replacing the flywheel too. Apart from the 2 main things I have mentioned what other parts will need replacing when I do these ? Part numbers would be great too.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to the rear main seal and pilot bearing whilst the gearbox is off, apologies I don't have the part numbers to hand. Also interested to see what other parts people swap out (if any).

If it's of any use, I've got a Chris Wilson V16x clutch coming off my car. It's seen under 400hp it's entire life and done about 7000 miles.

Another vote for TCB as well if you want brand new or Chris Wilson :)

Hi mate. Any chance you could please give me some feedback on the CW clutch?

Also, what's the reason for the swap if you don't mind me asking?

Hi mate. Any chance you could please give me some feedback on the CW clutch?

Also, what's the reason for the swap if you don't mind me asking?

It's been great mate, I went from a standard clutch to the Chris Wilson one and didn't really notice the difference. No vibrations or rattles and has a nice range of bite. I'm upgrading as I'm going built engine and turning the boost up :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to the rear main seal and pilot bearing whilst the gearbox is off, apologies I don't have the part numbers to hand. Also interested to see what other parts people swap out (if any).

By rear main seal you mean the engine one right ? And by pilot bearing do you mean the one for the input shaft ?

If it's of any use, I've got a Chris Wilson V16x clutch coming off my car. It's seen under 400hp it's entire life and done about 7000 miles.

Another vote for TCB as well if you want brand new or Chris Wilson :)

Thanks for the offer but I am buying new :)

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)