The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Harness - whats it worth ?

_Shane_

Hey shane, i cant help you regards price, however if its still mounted to the engine; all i can say is be very careful when removing clips. Every single clip on the coil packs broke when i removed mine due to heat making them extremely brittle. They break way too easy and aint cheap to replace them as supra tax has got to them too.

• 2 weeks later...

All the coilpack clips were replaced a few years back with brand new pieces. Engine Harness is in a box in my garage as car is stripped still since coming back from a full respray

Was going to sell this and just have a new loom custom made seeing as everything else is brand new

This has been something on my mind since I've removed my engine for a refresh. Much of the 25 year old cables don't seem all the great.

On some Supra's that I've done coil pack clips on, I've noticed that I have strip the oem wires back a fair bit to reach clean conductor cores. Seen some that have corrosion spread back by at least 6 inches or so.

My query is, what wires within the loom do I replace that actually affect the running of the engine?

I don't really want to bother with things either work of they don't like A/C etc. I just don't want any missfires/hesitations or bad running.

Sorry Shane if I've hijacked the thread a little.

Edited by Iky (see edit history)