The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£35k TT6 JDM

rider

Probably a tad expensive for what it is but it is unique being, apparently, the only factory purple Supra MkIV.

No accidents, no colour changes and HPI clear.

TOYOTA SUPRA RZ TWIN TURBO 2JZ 6 SPEED MANUAL GETRAG V160 JDM 1997 PURPLE

Looks like sellers from a few recent ads now believe that the £35k Supra is the new norm. I don't think it is, just yet anyway.

Has a JDM TT6 sold for over 30k yet in the UK ?

I was offered 32k for mine and refused.

These are only going up in value. I say sell your car for whatever asking price you want mate. Anyone who does not want to buy it, no problem, go elsewhere and purchase one :)

I went to see this one yesterday. Stem seals need replacing, white smoke on start and when warm. Also the body needs some tlc. His friend had some midnight purple left over from an R33 re-spray - so he took the leftovers. Unfortunately now its flaking and cracking in places.

Could be a great car with some work, but the asking price is waaaay too high. Might be on for a while before he re-adjusts. Lush rims...

I'm new btw, this is my first post as a member. HOLLA

I went to see this one yesterday. Stem seals need replacing, white smoke on start and when warm. Also the body needs some tlc. His friend had some midnight purple left over from an R33 re-spray - so he took the leftovers. Unfortunately now its flaking and cracking in places.

Could be a great car with some work, but the asking price is waaaay too high. Might be on for a while before he re-adjusts. Lush rims...

White smoke ? stem seals leaking should be oil burning

Indeed I think at those prices it needs to be mint or close to? £15-20K more just to change gear and as you are finding lots aren't exactly restored/very clean.

Indeed I think at those prices it needs to be mint or close to? £15-20K more just to change gear and as you are finding lots aren't exactly restored/very clean.

Yeah agreed! There are lots of chancers out there at the moment hoping to cash in. The hunt continues...

White smoke ? stem seals leaking should be oil burning

Yeah good point.. Does that mean this could be pointing to a more expensive issue? Someone on this forum had to do near enough a full re-build to resolve his coolant bleeding.

Yeah good point.. Does that mean this could be pointing to a more expensive issue? Someone on this forum had to do near enough a full re-build to resolve his coolant bleeding.

Would definitely need looking at for sure, no way would i pay top dollar unless the car was 100% fault free

It could of been condensation in the exhaust but that should stop after a few minutes and i'd really expect that on a cold day too

If they haven't got proof of quite a few parts being replaced then it could soon need a lot of cash throwing at it

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Would definitely need looking at for sure, no way would i pay top dollar unless the car was 100% fault free

It could of been condensation in the exhaust but that should stop after a few minutes and i'd really expect that on a cold day too

If they haven't got proof of quite a few parts being replaced then it could soon need a lot of cash throwing at it

Yeah I hoped it would be condensation but it continued later as we drove while she was up to temp. I also don't understand why he put "no colour changes" in his advert when this Supra clearly used to be grey. Disappointing.

Mine is on ebay £3K less than the other Auto TT's and half (or more) the price of the manuals and I've had no offers over the weekend or even any enquiries that last more than two messages, one being a "£10K and I'll pick it up tomorrow" one.

Plain silver and auto so I just think that active buyers are very few and far between? The manual sellers all seem to have grouped together at the same price and are seemingly sticking to their guns!!

Meanwhile in the states for the price of mine and more folks are picking up very tatty ones and/or na's

And therein lies the problem, doesn't matter what you see cars advertised for, how many actually sell? Hardly any. As an owner its great to see wholly unrealistic values thrown around but if you want to sell the true value comes out.

I sold my 98 TT auto for 16 grand, everyone said it was too cheap, but it sold in less than a week. So who's right?

Been a couple but I think there are very few active buyers for Supra's and so it's a waiting game or the car needs to be mint or just be the right colour spec to get the big money.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?354130-my-1st-Supra!-Prices-Mods-and-underseal

Jesus!! So there almost hitting 40k !!!!

That’s tempting lol. I’ve only done 200/300 miles this year and have no plans on using it for the rest of the year and the thoughts been playing on me again lol

Don’t think I will yet as I would like to do a few more things to it

There is no right and wrong really. Yours sold on price alone what I mean is that it was deemed such a good price for the age and condition that it sounds like it was all agreed almost without viewing.

You only need a buyer looking specifically for black and they are going to realise that few come up, it looks good let's pounce! Same as the guy after the Jewel green colour he paid over the general odds but was happy and I don't believe would have looked at a silver one at almost any price?

Selling in less than a week could mean you haven't maximised the sale or that you hit it just right or even that you were lucky a buyer was looking at that particular time but nothing wrong in getting what you are happy with, selling is a pain at the best of times. It's only a few days (after my ebay BIN fiasco) mine has been up as a classified ad so we'll see if there is any appetite for it :)

I've spent about £9k on new Toyota bits, got a 21 year service history, all MOT certificates and a big box file of whatever and I'd probably still be pitching at no more than £30k. I can see fresh imports with dealer backing can make £35k regularly these days but the market isn't anywhere close to there yet for your private sale, by the way I've got loads of bad bits and very little history Supras.

I've spent about £9k on new Toyota bits, got a 21 year service history, all MOT certificates and a big box file of whatever and I'd probably still be pitching at no more than £30k. I can see fresh imports with dealer backing can make £35k regularly these days but the market isn't anywhere close to there yet for your private sale, by the way I've got loads of bad bits and very little history Supras.

You've hit the nail on the head rider. Soooo, when are you selling yours? ;-)

I am never selling but happy to see all the high numbers floating about, had mine for 16 years, wife’s had hers for 12 years both tt6 (one single now) one silver one black vvti. My wife said she was going to sell hers a few years back and was a little bit gutted when it sold so quick but was pleased when she found out that I was the buyer! They are both staying in the family! We met through this club at a local meet and now married with a 10 year old and an 8 year old.

Let’s all keep them then at least I will know a few people if I ever get to a meet again!

Edited by kslb (see edit history)

i dropped him a message. Turns out it was silver but resprayed in Japan so it's on the logbook as no colour changes. Hes edited the ad now i think

Strange, when I viewed this car he said that his mate had left over midnight purple from an R33 respray. So the respray couldnt have been done before importing...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.