Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of KC and the sunshine band:

So please don't go

Don't go

Don't go away

Please don't go

Don't go

I'm begging you to stay

I’ve just got the supe back on the road after a long rest and come back to this??!?! Nooooooooooooo........,,

Good news. I just hope the new mods clamp down on NA bashing and people slagging off other members cars if it's not to their tastes.

If that continues to happen people will just stop posting like before and it will return to the "mr popular/big spenders " clique until they move on to other marques and then the forum s left dead again.

If it ain't got a turbo from factory it ain't a real supra 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Lol

All so true. Its simply aspect of human nature, everyone loves an uptick pat on the back or a that's been useful thumbs up. There are some neat aspects on forums where members can tag a thread as useful and informative. The more users, even lurkers do that, then the higher the thread ranks and its highlighted in the list of forum threads ensuring that more traffic is driven to it. Its a positive for any poster if you can see lots of people have actually found your post useful and informative. Shows a poster they haven't been wasting their time. In this forum the only option or opportunity for that is the occasional elevation to a sticky so all archive threads are treated the same meaning the gems and nuggets are then well hidden. That's a shame as this site holds an enormous wealth of know how and information but you do need to dig deep to find it.

It'd be good to actually see an active mod team who are visible, easily contactable and active who can proactively administer the site and ensure proper and civil behaviour of contributors.

Forums live on the posting activity and the more encouragement given to the 1% to maximum 9% of any community who actually bother to post the better, so we can try to move the community nearer to the 9% than the 1%. Its when the activity ebbs away that forums die, no lurkers as there is nothing new to read and advertisers head for the exit. Lurkers are essential for any forum to drive revenue and raise wider awareness of the community, With the current level of active members, hovering around 800, there would seems to be quite some scope to raise the engagement level to get nearer to the best in class for any forum management team of 9% engaged.

Well said Rider

I look forward to Branners being on here as you’ve been very quite since I joined (2016) and with you on here maybe more older inactive members may come out of the woodwork!

It would be good to be for opportunities within any magazines or television with our cars to be posted up on here too as things have been arranged off here pushing more of us onto Facebook as I can be seen as missing out although I don’t like it either!

I really don’t mind this layout but if it has to change for the better so be it my only criticism is that I cannot pm pictures but can upload them into threads.

The only other forum I have been on is the Celica club (I know the secretary) they remain strong but have an agm and openly show their accounts too. They have excellent numbers at shows although they are slightly down on previous years. My only observation is that they encompass all models of celica with separate sections on the forum for each model I would openly welcome a Supra.net website although I maybe biased as a mkiii owner too! (The mkiii.net site seems nearly dead I don’t know who runs that now) But feel this would work extremely well with the a90 coming out.

If it ain't got a turbo from factory it ain't a real supra Lol

Mine doesn’t have a turbo or a 2jz! :) I’ve been waiting for the ‘not a real Supra’ beating when at shows but so far it hasn’t happened. Haha.

I’m very glad the forum is going to get a boost. It’s got to work well from a phone though. As much as I prefer sitting at a pc and seeing the forum as it should be, the internet has moved to handheld devices for almost everything. Uploading photos here in comparison to social apps or even online image hosts has become a laborious outdated task.

There is a feature I’ve seen on other forums for computing sites that I frequent for work related tech, and that is a [solved] flag that is present on the forum and google search result. If a question was asked and a solution found it can be marked as such. I’m not sure exactly how it works, maybe upvotes from others or confirmation of the solution by the OP. It would work here nicely if a technical question was answered accurately or part numbers supplied etc. Thats my 0.00001 of a bitcoin ;)

Mine doesn’t have a turbo or a 2jz! :) I’ve been waiting for the ‘not a real Supra’ beating when at shows but so far it hasn’t happened. Haha.

I’m very glad the forum is going to get a boost. It’s got to work well from a phone though. As much as I prefer sitting at a pc and seeing the forum as it should be, the internet has moved to handheld devices for almost everything. Uploading photos here in comparison to social apps or even online image hosts has become a laborious outdated task.

There is a feature I’ve seen on other forums for computing sites that I frequent for work related tech, and that is a [solved] flag that is present on the forum and google search result. If a question was asked and a solution found it can be marked as such. I’m not sure exactly how it works, maybe upvotes from others or confirmation of the solution by the OP. It would work here nicely if a technical question was answered accurately or part numbers supplied etc. Thats my 0.00001 of a bitcoin ;)

If you use Tapatalk on your phone, the forum is incredibly easy to navigate and upload pictures

My only observation is that they encompass all models of celica with separate sections on the forum for each model I would openly welcome a Supra.net website although I maybe biased as a mkiii owner too! (The mkiii.net site seems nearly dead I don’t know who runs that now) But feel this would work extremely well with the a90 coming out.

Good point, include all marques and you will get the forum back to being lively again. It is good to see a lot of older members commenting on this thread wanting to keep the club going

If it ain't got a turbo from factory it ain't a real supra 藍藍藍藍 Lol

And this is the kind of thing that needs to be strictly banter, I used to think this way, but now if I ever come back to Supra’s it would probably be an NA I would go for. I am more interested in atheistic now, rather than out right performance that I can’t use on the road unless I am brain dead or asking for a banning.

After all, a lot of people who got into Supra’s after Fast & Furious, done so on an NA.

Good point, include all marques and you will get the forum back to being lively again. It is good to see a lot of older members commenting on this thread wanting to keep the club going

Agreed, include all gens of Supra’s. Make the site bigger and better, a one stop shop.

I just hope this happens and the forum does so forward, as remember speaking to Banners couple years ago at Suprapod and him saying forum was getting refresh with new mods and couple years later it’s still the same and less people using forum.

Agree need to stop NA bashing on forum as want to have as many active members as possible, and for people to get on and come to events.

Would be nice to see some improvements, and more people posting daily again. I have been a

Member on here since I got my first supra in 2005/2006 and have always found it useful. In regards to na bashing and veilside one of my supras is an na veilside so I’m used to the frowns ;-). But with the age of the cars now it should be a MKIV is a MKIV regardless

Yes this is great news! New blood for mods and event organisers, plus more traders. I would be happy to see all marques of supra on the forum too! As know several people with mkiii's.. Also updating the forum software would be good, as uploading pictures has always been a pain in the arse, even using Tapatalk.... Hopefully it means the club will do JAE next year, as the club failed to get any takers this year apart from myself and a couple of others...

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Would love to see the forum back to where it was in 2005 when I joined. Facebook or whatsapp are ok, but I generally dont bother to post unless I happen to scroll past something.

This forum is a wealth of information for our cars and relatively easy to find. I hope an update would encourage more members back, and get more attendance at events.

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Would love to see the forum back to where it was in 2005 when I joined. Facebook or whatsapp are ok, but I generally dont bother to post unless I happen to scroll past something.

This forum is a wealth of information for our cars and relatively easy to find. I hope an update would encourage more members back, and get more attendance at events.

Hi Mark can you PM me please

-Ian-