The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rejuvenating the forum

Branners

Today is the first time I've been on here in absolutely ages. I suppose that's part of the problem, people just not visiting the site. I always felt, that I needed to sit at my desktop to really get into a site visit. I recall saying to the misses, "I'm just going on the forum for a bit", and then resurfacing hrs later. I just don't have the time to do that these days. As people have said, a decent mobile option for us older lot who don't use facebook or the like, would probably be a good way of revitalising what is a great source of info for all things Supra.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with what Ed says and also what others have said about uploading pictures. Yes I know its not rocket science but its also not intuitive nor a simple operation as we are all used to now. I could be wrong but suspect this is one of the reasons the facebook option has become the medium members prefer now.

I never went near the Facebook group, so when everyone moved over to that It was noticeable here. I must say that VBulletin has faired pretty well to be fair, given its age it still holds up well.

It's a real shame the forum has dropped off. I used to spend hours surfing the new posts, only to have to start again with all the new posts made once I'd reached the end. Unfortunately I think the economic crash did for a lot of the traders, which left a number of members stung by poor workmanship and traders going belly up. We went from a thriving community in the North West to a very small (but tight) group. Cash started to get tight in general, and I became very time poor following the birth of my daughter. Health issues caused me to drop away from the forum further. I still pass by occasionally, and read the recent posts. Good to see a number of the faces from my time still around. I hope you can revitalise the place John. Try and get Charlotte, Jake and Michael (both MCanny & Thorin) and Martin (RedM) back. The banter and flame wars back then were a sight to behold.

If you think it's quiet round here though, spare a thought for Tumbleweed, I just checked and they haven't had a post in over a year (except for one in December pointing out that very fact). So we aren't doing so badly...

Mike

Love this forum but I have been part of the problem as my Supra has been in dry storage for a good few years, she is now out and about again and the buzz is back. Kids are a bit older and a bit more independent so if I can help at all let me know.

• 3 months later...

So these are a few screenshots. It is purely out of the box at the moment so colour schemes etc will change.

It has a much more compact layout (lord knows what it does on mobile...), it has LIKE buttons and share to Social Media buttons too.

You can easily find the start of finish of a post and it has little blobs showing who has commented in a thread.

A much nicer feel than this VBB which is pretty dated now...

attachment.php?attachmentid=234012&stc=1&d=1575556689

attachment.php?attachmentid=234013&stc=1&d=1575556689

attachment.php?attachmentid=234014&stc=1&d=1575556689

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

That's really modern. As we are an equal opportunities club, would it be possible to have a dislike button as well as a like button? All joking aside, do we really need a like button?

Sharing to social media will be handy for those that use it. Is a mobile friendly forum needed? The biggest complaint from mobile users is how do I upload photos. If that can be dealt with i.e ability to upload hi-res stuff, do you guys really need the added complication?

Any thoughts as yet to the colour scheme?

Keep the good work Branners, I'm sure this will be awesome :)

Something also good would be to identify members so they can see they are named in discussions and so...

Im pretty sure that will be in there with an @ command. We are trying to get it close to social media but still keep the forum feel.

I would expect this to be fully responsive for mobile but we will certainly check that before moving to it.

The world is based on likes now, Insta may disagree but everybody likes to be able to like things!

And the colour scheme for the forum was always based on a black theme, but it could be this one lets you choose what you get!

That's really modern. As we are an equal opportunities club, would it be possible to have a dislike button as well as a like button? All joking aside, do we really need a like button?

Sharing to social media will be handy for those that use it. Is a mobile friendly forum needed? The biggest complaint from mobile users is how do I upload photos. If that can be dealt with i.e ability to upload hi-res stuff, do you guys really need the added complication?

Any thoughts as yet to the colour scheme?

Using Tapatalk to browse and upload photos is super easy and convenient. As a desktop version, the new format looks great!