The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The comments you get about your supra in traffic

badboyz00700

I've had my car almost 3 months, i get comments almost everywhere i go, whether its petrol stations, car parks, traffic lights.

Quite a nice feeling lol

One thing that i found strange was that, as a kid, seeing a supra i'd always point and go wow! Kids nowadays probably have no clue what they are.

It's a car for boys of all ages. The only time a girl wound down her window to chat to me at traffic lights was to tell me my car was her boyfriends (sitting beside her) dream car. She was a good looker for sure so i told her having a dream girl was way better than any dream car which she seemed to appreciate. Other than that all male from 5 years old up with thumb up, love your car or in petrol stations keen to have a quick chat. Once when dropping one of my daughters off, had a bus load of college students all crammed up against their windows taking pics, not a girl anywhere in sight other than my embarrassed daughter.

I can only imagine that went down with the boyfriend as "That creepy old man said what?!" :run:

Bless her, she smiled at me rather sweetly and helped make an old mans day. Who ever bothered about what boyfriends think? I wisely pointed out that some people don't fully appreciate what they already have and with great knowledge and wisdom, invariable comes age. If I'd been salivating over the outer skin of the door, that'd be something to get concerned over. Although that could also just be another sign of great age. Time to go sit on the commode a while with my latest Classic Car Mart mag, it has a feature on the L322 this month. I have one of those. Now that is a future classic especially in the big petrol engine versions. Quite a babe magnet car too, with the rural horsey set. You do need seriously deep pockets to keep those kind of ladies content.

I digress. :innocent:

In your chavviest Hull accent: "IS THAT A 2JZ, YEAH?"

Other than that, the other day was working on my car and some kids were down my street, started her up and literally pulled off my drive and heard "Your car is sh!t". That's about the only negative comment I've had, except from people saying "but it's an NA" lol.

Edited by Nathanj1142 (see edit history)

Oh yea I forgot about the time a few years back I bought a silver n'a . I stopped for petrol and the girl that worked there , NICE CAR , THATS MY DREAM CAR ETC .

recently after I painted my single turbo one at mcdonald's the girl there was i like the colour etc

oh well must not be the car :cool:

Edited by badboyz00700 (see edit history)

I often get guys asking about the cars when I’m at the petrol station or during the Edinburgh fringe you’ll often get tourists from America shouting over.

I’ve noticed females prefer the red one over the RSP.

I had some girl on a bike wait for me to come out of the petrol station not long ago, must of been 15..16.. showed her around as she was going crazy over the supe and she even knew about the 2JZ which was cool. As i was reversing out and went to wave she was filimg. Probably for snapchat? I was so embarrased lol