The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The comments you get about your supra in traffic

badboyz00700

There's an interesting psychological experiment to be had there.

Ladies love red supras ;) although the father in law called my supra a Subaru the other day he was reprimanded and re-educated in the error of his ways :D

I had two kids once mock me because it wasn't a turbo and it was automatic! Youth these days! Usual stuff like nice car, can I take a picture. I once noticed a guy with his phone up recording as I overtook him and gave me a thumbs up as I passed. Oh, best one was a student walking into a lamp post because he was too busy staring as I passed him! Nothing from the ladies though!

I find where ever I go, people seeing the car feel they need to tell me about cars they know of that have more horsepower.

Its like they have their mate or uncle has 1 horsepower more than i do. Before they've ever asked me anything about the car lol its mad.

I used to mainly get lots of really young lads liking the car. At that point i knew the c west front bumper was really something that had to change :D

One that caught me out recently was a couple of guys giving the thumbs up at a junction and smiling, pointing at the car. I was in the MX5...I was thinking "what are they trying to say?" I managed a weak smile back. It wasn't until I realised further down the road they were trying to say the car was nice....I was confused because I wasn't in the Supra.

• 3 months later...

Thread revival but I got to say the attention these cars get now a days is unreal.

Is it because there are less of them out and about? I get all types of drivers and pedestrians giving me thumbs up etc. McLaren / porsche / lambo drivers to civics. Its really strange. I've owned supra s for 10 years and never got so much attention

Had a friendly middle aged chap in a Vogue SE pull up next to me yesterday and say 'Lovely classic that is fella, good job!'. I thanked him for his kind words with a thumbs up and let her loose on the slip road onto the A1 :D

Get a lot of people at petrol stations and supermarkets come up and have a look whenever I'm out in it, always get the nod from other Jap cars too. Always get comments in traffic when I'm driving it to work in London as well, one guy who had an Evo 5 in storage and it inspired him to drive it more!

Same as ben with the younger chaps, 'Dude is that a friggin' Supra?!'.