The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If only people would sell what they advertise

rider

I bought a full set of advertised as original jspec brakes a while back and I have a sticking front right so figured it was time to unwrap and refurb the front calipers on the set I bought in. I found for the fronts there is one genuine and one not so genuine that weighs in about half the weight of the genuine one. Not looked at the rears yet. Stripped the non original one down and the pistons are lightweight feeble affairs and the dust boot on one piston was never fitted properly. It has a refurbished sticker on it so whoever did that didn't do it too well. So I'll go ahead and refurb the OE one and I've ended up buying a second in from SRD at a not unreasonable £150 to make a front set to swap over. Not sure whether to refurb the lightweight caliper of bin it, I think it's destined for the bin unless someone wants to make me an offer for a refurbed non genuine LH front?

I've got loads of parts in the garage never unwrapped, I expect I have a few surprises still to come.

Seems odd to have a copy calliper nearly all are based on refurbing genuine ones......not heard of any copies as such?

I do remember there being a discussion about later jspec brakes having a different part/look, I can't find the thread, but I think the later cars had a lighter piece/slightly different design?

I have had a few recent experiences of this too, 2 prop shafts bought as v160 props which weren’t (luckily moving one across as a mate wanted a tt auto prop)and a clutch panel that when sent was an accelerator pedal (not exactly the same value thanks Budz86 now banned!) Plus other parts that are not as described. I also have many parts unposed since delivery I just hope they are ok when I need them

I much prefer to collect in person when the time allows.

I always pay via friends and family on PayPal but I am beginning to pay the extra for buyers protection too now.