The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seat Belt assembly

swiftstu

Hi All,

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of a diagram of the front seat belt assembly please?

I am looking to purchase a new tensioner at some point, due to a retraction problem, but am going to try a few "home remedies" on the old belt as I'm really curious how effective they are.

Ideally, I would like to know where the reel sits in relation to the protrusion point of the belt into the cabin. A pic would be great.

Thanks

imageimageimageimageimage

Hi, see above for photos of the seatbelt and its location in the car, I had the same issue where it wasn’t retracting, so I swapped it out for another unit (hence the photos of one out of the car), if you do have any success in getting your one to work, or need any more photo’s let me know [emoji1474]

So the reason I wanted to try this was that I couldn’t see any actual confirmation that home remedies would work- only the YouTube videos of a miracle cure. For context my drivers seat belt would not retract at all, I had to feed every bit.

I now have a fully retracting seatbelt, completely cured of its ills’.

The method I used was:

-Washing up liquid, laundry detergent in a bucket with boiling water. Soak as much belt as I could.(fully extended)

-Scrub and wipe at 15 mins, 40 mins, remove at an hour onto a towel and vigorous towel try. (Towel, scrubbing cloth and bucket all black with dirt).

- air dry accelerated with a hair dryer,

**at this stage retracting quite well

-polish with furniture polish

-then allow to dry

Voila- I fully retracting seatbelt..

I promise no one is more shocked than me.

Try it- you might like it....

Ps have researched all the chemicals involved. Nothing should have detrimental effect on the material of the belt, and the inherent strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by swiftstu (see edit history)

So the reason I wanted to try this was that I couldn’t see any actual confirmation that home remedies would work- only the YouTube videos of a miracle cure. For context my drivers seat belt would not retract at all, I had to feed every bit.

The method I used was:

-Washing up liquid, laundry detergent in a bucket with boiling water. Soak as much belt as I could.(fully extended)

-Scrub and wipe at 15 mins, 40 mins, remove at an hour onto a towel and vigorous towel try. (Towel, scrubbing cloth and bucket all black with dirt).

-then allow to dry

Ps have researched all the chemicals involved. Nothing should have detrimental effect on the material of the belt, and the inherent strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! Will give it a go. Thanks :)

The method I used was:

-then allow to dry

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one, I am definitely going to try this on my old belt, thank you [emoji4]