The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parts for my Toyota

Yoyo

I'm known as Yoyo,I have been the proud owner of a 1993 twin turbo Toyota supra,I have had this car for 22 years now,it is not an import,And is completely original with cow horn headlight washers.

Unfortunatley ,the headlight have condensation in them and am looking to replace them.

Can anybody help.

Regards Yoyo

Hi Yoyo,

Alas I think the glass UK spec headlights are very difficult to find new and are very expensive. Paul Whiffin has the LH side available new on his website for £444. Part number 81150-1B210.

You can still find the RHD for sale, but the cost is eye watering.

Part number 81110-1B210 for RH headlight.

Megazip have it at over $1,000 from the states. So that's plus VAT and import duty!

Amayama have it is around £660. Again that's plus VAT and import duty.

Might be worth trying Keron at Extreame Performance or Paul at TCB Parts to see if they can do anything better.

The other alternative is to look for a second hand set.

Interestingly, why does age affect the water inside the light. The seal is usually always pretty good when I take any apart.

I'm curious if the rubber seal on the fog and the projector backing rubbers have any influence on fogging lights.

My advice is remove both the rubber plugs that may or may not have the filters in. It will speed up the venting process no end.

I personally don't think new headlights is the way forward. But I've never quantified what causes lights to truly fog up and where the water finds its way inside.

I'm known as Yoyo,I have been the proud owner of a 1993 twin turbo Toyota supra,I have had this car for 22 years now,it is not an import,And is completely original with cow horn headlight washers.

Unfortunatley ,the headlight have condensation in them and am looking to replace them.

Can anybody help.

Regards Yoyo

Hi Yoyo, always nice to here from very long term owners. I always like to ask what's gone wrong ever on your car in those 22 years, nice to get first hand information as long term owners like yourself are very rare.

As Noz said if the insides are still in good condition then the condensation issue may be able to be fixed. If you can/do go new fair enough, don't just bin the old ones because as you can probably tell they will be worth refurbing by someone.

Best of luck finding them.

Can anybody help.

Regards Yoyo

Hello and welcome to the club !

As above there some suppliers that still stock these new but they are very pricey. If you want to buy a second hand unit from one of our members then you’ll need to become a member it’s only £10 and will unlock and Aladins cave of information and parts.

Have you got any pictures of the car ? We love to see pictures :)

It’s also great to see people keeping them for so long. We have a register on the forum to track the last of the UK cars as they continue to disappear from UK roads. I would appreciate if you would let me add your car to the register I’ll only need a few details from you to get it on. All I need is the registration number and the current mileage which you can send me in a pm.

We hope you stick around !