The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra £7500 Wanted

Spike3.0

Wanted - NA Auto or manual

After a few close but failed eBay bids I'm on here with my fingers crossed.

I'm looking for a decent condition and roadworthy Supra around £7.5k - can move either way for the right car.

I know prices are on the up, but I've seen plenty of newer Facelift models go for this, I suspect due to the USA restrictions on newer cars.

Please get in touch,

I've been a member on here for years, please help me get back in a Supra! (7th time lucky)

Cheers [emoji1303]

You might get a semi decent NA auto for 7500, but manuals are more than that now, you might need to up your budget.
Hey Swampy, yeah for sure I agree.

I can move around on the price so didn't want to disclude the manual from my post.

I'm actually kicking myself as a couple of months back I was offered a NA 5 speed for £6k but a trader beat me to it. They ended up selling it a week later after painting the front bumper for over £10k!

Wish we had a time machine, I'd go back to my last Supra I sold before a house move.

It was mint with loads of rare bits which sold for £2.5k only four years ago.

Hope you get lucky again, massive issue with traders now (not blaming them) as the mark up/margins possible means they are hunting harder and can instantly buy/collect etc without inspection.

In the old days a bargain one wouldn't have been much less than the normal market price and so there would be little mark up available to dealers especially after collection and prep costs.

I think all you can do is message NA owners/hope this thread attracts a response and try and view before it's for general release? You will have to probably pay a little more like this but at least can take some time viewing and not feel pressured? Some owners are sitting on a large profit in these times if they bought in the 4-5 years ago era and so perhaps don't need to make top money and might compromise a bit?

You are probably a bit like me in that you can't readjust to the seemingly new norm of high prices and by thinking in the past are potentially missing out/being slightly over cautious?......don't blame you but looking globally on Goonet/US sites these cars are higher everywhere else. If I was buying again now (looking at ebay I'm just not sure I could justify buying back in) I'd be looking for a good one body wise above all else, a tatty one will cost a lot to put right or hard to sell later but that depends on your diy skills and/or connections (buyers become rightly more picky as the cars age and are more expensive).

eg in ebay 'sold' items there was a facelift 1998 NA auto that went for £11,595 on 12th May. I'd say this was a good deal, yes over budget but I think you have to be flexible and if you assume every car you buy now is stagnant in price then absolute worse case is you have to sell for the same in a year or two? Even in the low price days you weren't expecting to break even but to sell lower when the time came ie usual depreciation, so now if you can get over the initial hit you are potentially better off?

I agree speed is of the essence or as said getting to a possible seller before they know they want to sell!! With TT manuals in the 20K's absolute minimum you can sort of rationalise (*) a NA6 being £13-15K if you can find a TT engine to go in it (not that much is rational at the moment!).

Hi thanks for the messages guys, it's great to see some of the original and helpful members are active.

It's a hard pill to swallow offering up £8k+ for a NA auto, when theres so many other branded cars on the market offering more.

Especially as I've bought the exact same cars before, one at £1k and another for £1600 in great condition.

My plan back when I sold the last one was to eventually pick up a TT 6 speed which would have been less than half of the price now. I still remember people like Jamie T getting 6sp gearboxes for a few hundred quid!

I'll take your advice and will message a few members from old, hopefully they have something, or know of something that would be a great fit.

Thanks again [emoji1303]

If you have Facebook there's a frog green NA/T auto for sale for 6500
Thanks Swampy,

The seller hasn't got back to me on it yet, cheers for the find!

I also spotted a manual NA today but wasn't fast enough sadly.

Fingers crossed something will arrive in my favor soon [emoji106]

Yes the silver Manual sold on the first night. I was hoping to go and view it. But the first person who viewed it brought it
I bet, it was a good price.

My last one was similar and had all the optional extras, I stupidly let it go a few years ago for £2600 [emoji3525]

At £7.5k I'd have thought the longer you hold out the less likely thing are to happen.
Possibly but so far that hasn't been the case, it seems like a good few are struggling to fetch these big asking prices... At least on the NA side of things

• 3 weeks later...
selling mine soon mate ,auto TT94 ,only just made up my mind to sell . going to put a package together with all the bits I have old wheels still got them bigger exhaust , coil packs .but its going to be well over 10k
Hi Peter thanks for the heads up mate, I'd love it but sadly trying to keep in under a smaller budget. It was hard enough getting this one last the Mrs considering our second kid is only 6mths old.

I'll keep an eye out for the advert, things change so you never know [emoji1303]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.