The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is my car worth?

Scobbie

Hi there, think the time has come to part ways with my car but as the title says I am not sure what it’s worth. So any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

Spec list as follows:

MODEL AND YEAR:

1996 Toyota Supra SZ-R 3.0L NA 6 speed manual Facelift 109000 miles

ENGINE:

K and N panel filter

3” Garage Whifblitz double decat

3” Motoria catback

New battery

New water pump and timing belt

New alternator

TRANSMISSION:

RWD

v161 Getrag 6spd Manual with recent oem v161 oil change and replaced gearbox seals

Standard LSD

SUSPENSION:

BC Racing coilovers

New drop links

New rear track and toe arms

New camber bolts

4 wheel alignment

BRAKES:

New disks and pads

WHEELS AND TYRES:

18” Ultra lites

18x8.5 with 235/40/18 Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric3

18x9.5 with 265/35/18 Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric3

Refurbished in silver

BODY:

Red

Facelift

Stock

Tinted rear windows

New Cross member and bolts

Under sealed

Heckler LED sidelights

INTERIOR:

Stock fabric front seats and leather rear seats

New OEM front seatbelts

BAD POINTS:

Rear sills have been replaced

Tiny piece of lacquer peel

A few stone chips

Boot lid needs adjusted

Hole in exhaust backbox

SPARES:

Stock sidelights/indicators

Stock 1st and 2nd cats

Stock 16 inch alloy wheels

You have a stupidly rare spec supra a Non turbo (SZ) 6 speed. A real collectors car. Could be looking at around 15-18k. To be totally straight up...now is not the right time to sell...especially a Supra like that.

Give it a few more years and itll go up big time now we have seen the release of the MK5.

If needs must and you need to sell soon, put it on the US market for a bigger pay cheque. That will sell and dont let anyone tell you its worth any lesser. NA 6 speeds are desirable to the Collectors.

Best money I can get to be honest as I don’t need to sell but just don’t want it going to waste

If you do eventually sell, just put up the price you will say ‘yes’ to. Everyone whether they say they do or don’t has a ‘yes’ price, think of it this way, you know what you will say no to. Put it up, if someone wants it they will pay your price, if not you take it from there.

No offence or wishing to piss on anyones chips but, where the hell has 16k come from? I sold my non welded, very tidy 98 TT auto for 15 a couple of months back. It needs work, its been repaired, its an NA, I'd say 10, 11 max because its a 6 speed.

Agree with this, my thoughts too.

My beginning of the year market guide written to help those who don't follow the market closely to then set their agreed value with insurers would pitch this around £12k, I'd likely bump that today to go with £14k on this particular car to allow for some Supra inflation and factor in the rare 6 speed OE box with everything in really nice condition as its insured value; private resale value would normally be 15% to 25% lower. So, if it were my car to sell I'd be pitching it at £12k to £12.5k ovno sale price.

Exceptional cars will always attract exceptional prices but not many of us actually own exceptional cars because by their very nature, they are the exception. I think the significantly higher values mentioned could apply only to a truly exceptional

car.

PS - Comments assume the car is VIN matching.

Edited by rider
PS added (see edit history)