The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me an exhaust

Johnm400

I currently have a Motoria which was on the car when i bought it and whilst it sounds good, its a bit too loud for me.

About 15 years ago i valeted a Supra and it had the most amazing sounding exhaust ive ever heard. It had a lovely deep smooth tone, louder than stock but not OTT. Ive no idea what the make was but thats the kind of sound im looking for. Car is a N/A.

Pic of my Supra in Blackpool last weekend.

Edited by Johnm400 (see edit history)

I have a HKS super drager with decats on my red supra and that has a nice tone and is not too loud when cruising at motorway speeds my other supra has both cats and a RS-R I would say the RS-R sounds better but can drone at motorway speeds and if you decat it you can happily set off car alarms as you drive by parked cars BB461031-90E8-4A6F-9834-7573C66DB4F7.jpeg

I have a HKS super drager with decats on my red supra and that has a nice tone and is not too loud when cruising at motorway speeds my other supra has both cats and a RS-R I would say the RS-R sounds better but can drone at motorway speeds and if you decat it you can happily set off car alarms as you drive by parked cars [ATTACH=CONFIG]232777[/ATTACH]

Im pretty sure the exhaust on the Supra i valeted that sounded nice was the RSR. It sounded so beefy and deep. Where can i buy one?

Just looked on youtube there is a few RSR video clips. That looks like the exhaust on the Supra i valeted 15 years ago. I remember the tailpipe was very short.

Can you still buy them?

I recently sold an RSR to Sheefa who then sold it to Shawn. Maybe let Shawn know you are interested in the RSR incase he desides to go for something different?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?353279-RSR-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-including-Bung-VGC

Shawn will keep it for his stock Supra. It's one of the best sounding exhausts IMO.

/QUOTE]

Yeah, the RSR is deffo the exhaust that was on the car i valeted 15 years ago. When i saw the badge, it jogged my memory. The nicest sounding exhaust ive ever heard, sounded so beefy and loud but a refined loud instead of just loud.

So if Shawn is keeping his RSR, i guess next question is what other exhaust gives similar sound to an RSR?

Yeah, the RSR is deffo the exhaust that was on the car i valeted 15 years ago. When i saw the badge, it jogged my memory. The nicest sounding exhaust ive ever heard, sounded so beefy and loud but a refined loud instead of just loud.

So if Shawn is keeping his RSR, i guess next question is what other exhaust gives similar sound to an RSR?

The best is a Veilside Titanium Teardrop for sound, it's savage and beyond loud. Must be the loudest available. I now have the HKS Racing Ti exhaust which is beautiful, still loud but not as droney. Boostlogic is fun!

You need to hear a few styles first hand really mate. Videos don't do it justice. Here's my HKS Racing Ti.

Hi just replied to your PM but thought id reply on here too :)

Yeah I am planning on keeping the RSR sorry as it is the one that I was really wanting so snapped it up as soon as I saw Greg (Sheefa) was selling it. As mentioned by Greg above the Boostlogic is very nice sounding (got that on my other Supra) but is a bit louder than your probably ideally wanting. I do also have a 3" Whiffbitz exhaust at home and also a HKS silent power exhaust if you like the sound of either of those then your welcome to give me another message but the Boostlogic and the RSR are the 2 that im keeping sorry.

Hi just replied to your PM but thought id reply on here too :)

Yeah I am planning on keeping the RSR sorry as it is the one that I was really wanting so snapped it up as soon as I saw Greg (Sheefa) was selling it. As mentioned by Greg above the Boostlogic is very nice sounding (got that on my other Supra) but is a bit louder than your probably ideally wanting. I do also have a 3" Whiffbitz exhaust at home and also a HKS silent power exhaust if you like the sound of either of those then your welcome to give me another message but the Boostlogic and the RSR are the 2 that im keeping sorry.

Ok thanks for replying Shawn.

I had an RSR exhaust and although it sounds great, on a long run it drones like hell. Changed mine for a HKS silent hi power after the RSR rotted out (also an issue with them)

Just listened to a few video clips of that exhaust. Sounds ok but not so silent lol. Not sure its too different to the Motoria i already have on.