The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this forum getting smaller?

jackso11

I know response times are a lot slower and I think there are less members on here these days but is the forum itself getting smaller? Less server space maybe? It seems there are only a few posts in each section whereas years ago there used to be pages and pages of knowledge on here. :(

I thought that myself, it's a shame this forums dieing out as I've used it for a quite a few years now, not aslong as you though. It's been absolutely invaluable but I think fb has taken over these days.

It's a shame really as this had much more of a community feel then fb ever will :(

You can advance search the archives for subject matter and date range that to whatever range you wish.

There are only a few car forums I know of that still have rampant activity, this clearly isn't one of them. A site refresh and new team of mods was planned to try to instil some new activity so you never quite know.

It’s very slow these days. I can pretty much stay on top of all new threads with a visit every other day. Back in 2006 when I joined it was impossible to keep pace with all the activity and events.

But it is to be expected. The cars are getting old and stock cars are the desire. Much of the mod stuff is irrelevant and most owners will get a garage to do the work now, especially as they become rarer and less used.

It’s very slow these days. I can pretty much stay on top of all new threads with a visit every other day. Back in 2006 when I joined it was impossible to keep pace with all the activity and events.

But it is to be expected. The cars are getting old and stock cars are the desire. Much of the mod stuff is irrelevant and most owners will get a garage to do the work now, especially as they become rarer and less used.

Very true

If You look at how many active users there are. It's surprising many more don't take part in discussions.

Hundreds of views. Hardly any input is common to see.

Currently 438 people online.

Imagine 438 people at a car meet..

I remember when (sounding old haha) I used to sit at work with this forum open all the time (obviously hidden at the time!) and couldn't keep up with the posts. There would literally be something to read every other minute. I used to ask a question and have 10 people answering as if they were sitting waiting for me to type.

Those were the days. Funny to hear those conversations are now 'in the archives' :D

I remember when (sounding old haha) I used to sit at work with this forum open all the time (obviously hidden at the time!) and couldn't keep up with the posts. There would literally be something to read every other minute. I used to ask a question and have 10 people answering as if they were sitting waiting for me to type.

Those were the days. Funny to hear those conversations are now 'in the archives' :D

Ahh, I remember doing exactly the same :D

I can't believe I'm now at that age where I can say 'I remember the good old days'!:blink: It's weird how when I first signed up with my first Supra it was my daily, yet now, I have driven it maybe 3 times over the past two years, it's just sat under a cover in the garage:(

Same! mine was my daily. My current surpa hasn't even been running consistently in nearly 5 years :( It is now ready to run but I don't have a working ECU :(

Ahh, I remember doing exactly the same :D

I can't believe I'm now at that age where I can say 'I remember the good old days'!:blink: It's weird how when I first signed up with my first Supra it was my daily, yet now, I have driven it maybe 3 times over the past two years, it's just sat under a cover in the garage:(

Facebook is slowly killing forums

Yeah your right.

I got rid if FB and Instagram. I find I'm much more productive. But selling parts is harder. Way harder.

Like you say. Fb has stolen much of the attention.

forum is just one big sales site now , years ago when I first came on here youd see members helping each other out small itmes like number plate holders orange blods and stuff just be sent for free , now its all about how much unfortunately

A few of us still help out FOC and try to give useful advice, sadly the forum is being left to slowly die

I remember joining this back in 2007, the place was so busy and the classifieds section was always booming. Nowadays hardly anything good comes up for sale, takes ages to get a reply if you ask a question etc Most of the time I just put my questions on the facebook pages and get replies almost instantly

I still pop on most days for a look but usually its the same threads showing since the day before.

I think quite a few people still make an effort, but many move on, I found when I don't use the supra or don't use the Supra at all I lose a bit of interest in the forum.

A few of us still help out FOC and try to give useful advice, sadly the forum is being left to slowly die

You're part of the furniture mate!

Tbh certain gatherings have not been put up on the forum for example the top gear gig which was arranged by a senior person on this forum I believe. I seems people have lost interest especially the ones who shouldn’t

The cars are at a stage now where there are not as many cars around and they are not affordable as they were 12 years ago plus a lot of members on here have now sold up and moved on although many still remain but obviously some disappear or occasionally surface.

I am on Facebook but it’s just not the same as on here

Who knows what will happen I know the mkiii.net site is nearly dead but it’s still running.

yeah I remember the days when post count was like 5 pages over a night. now its like 5 posts such a shame it has come to this but without the forum even now where would you find all the stored data , I remember when the N/A T forum went people was stuffed for a while. im on face book aswell but no way is it quite as helpful as the club was say 10 years ago.

hopefully long live the forum

Yea it's a shame the top gear situation was so underground. That could have been quite the meet if more people were involved. Even if it was still kept a secret.

Maybe fear of it getting out culled that idea however.

Many turn to Facebook for sure.

If the people in charge took more notice and organised more events, would many put Back in the effort perhaps?

Supra pod? Larger central meets?

I know a few already organise meets. The sclub party looks good etc.

Do people want more events? It's difficult to organise that though if no one turns up.