The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EML flicker under acceleration - Apexi FC

John GT

Hi All,

I've a MK4 TT6 with a Apexi power FC ecu running first cat but standard after that.

When I accelerate hard from 2500 - 3200 RPM, my engine management light flickers on and off quickly until I hit 3500 or more and it remains off then until I repeat the same steps. Th red triangle illuminates with the eml but turns off when eml turns off.

There appears to be no drop in performance when this occurs so I don't think its fuel cut.

Seen on another thread about brake fluid being low but topped it up with no change in issue. I'll no FC Commander but not entirely sure what it will show me.

Not sure if I can diagnose with short codes as its aftermarket ECU.

Would there be anyone else running the Apexi ecu here?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at this over the weekend, brake fluid was a small bit over the max line but top it up ever so slightly. I took it for a spin and though everything was fine but after planting it the second time the same EML flicker came on :(

Is the only way to read fault codes through the FC commander? I don't have one currently.