The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA odd behaviour - Ignition related?

evinX

Hi all, with the NA im getting pops coming from the exhaust, on idle its sounds a little bit different,

driving at 40-45mphs @2.5k revs the car feels as if it goes to change gear on the autobox then changes up and down, not sure if thats related or slightly slowing down or going faster at that point causes it. Feels stupid lol.

Changed the Distributor cap and arm not too long ago and didnt play with the adjustment, any ideas? Igniter coil? ECU?

cheers

Are there any fault codes?

If your gear changes are getting confused and there is no speed sensor or TPS problem, it all it might be worth trying an ECU swap with a known good-un?

Havnt checked the codes yet, to be fair for a couple of years my Over Drive has worked intermittently which leads me to think ECU, TPS was set properly not to long ago along with the whole throttle body. I have the pink wire mod done also.

Anyone selling a NA Auto ECU? :D

My exhaust note changed and then the timing started deteriorating, ended up being the ecu after changing a lot of things and costing a lot of money

Yea my exhaust note changed to my dad really picked up on it when i was around the corner. Since changing my ignition coil its driving fine. But will still find an ECU to play it safely

I had the exhaust note change on my car a few times when it was idling. Also had an AFR gauge and the car started running pig rich. Exhaust note then changed back to normal and AFR's were good again. Turned out to be the coil which you look to have switched out already :thumbs:

I had the exhaust note change on my car a few times when it was idling. Also had an AFR gauge and the car started running pig rich. Exhaust note then changed back to normal and AFR's were good again. Turned out to be the coil which you look to have switched out already :thumbs:

Thats actually really good to hear to, as the day before i changed the coil my exhaust stank. The old coil was split and rusty underneath to