Thread: Turbo Kit for sale on Fleabay

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback

Turbo Kit for sale on Fleabay

Hi all,

Noticed a turbo kit for sale on ebay, includes everything. I am aware the turbo is a cheap 'spooly boi', just wondered if anyone had any info/opinions on it? Would be interested in buying even if i should replace the turbo just don't really know if the other parts would amount to the asking price (1680) (Also includes Greddy Emanuage). Seems to be a t3 flange so don't think its the XS power kit as i thought that was t4 .

Thanks!
    Nathan.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Style's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Got a link to it?

People tend to be fairly satisfied with the kits nowadays to be honest with what they are for the money. The only items that people tend to recommend replacing are the turbo oil lines and the wastegate as they're junk. If either fails, you'll have a fire or an expensive rebuild on your hands.

It would be extra handy if you knew a shop/garage for odds and sods jobs. Things like the manifold flanges can be a bit warped and need the faces leveled out so that they seal against the block/turbo. The cheaper manifolds tend to have a 4 stud wastegate flange as well for some strange reason. Would probably need that cut off and a v-band flange welded on if you're going for a reputable wastegate.
    '96 SZ-R 6 Speed.
    Whifbitz NA-T
    Project Thread Here

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback

Thumbs down

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264328037835

Just put the price up from 1680 to 1950?? Strange. Hasn’t responded to my message either.

Posting is my life! Club Member *Shane*'s Avatar
    Feedback
    102 (98%)
    If it is mainly chinese crap in that kit I would go with the old saying ''buy cheap, pay twice''
    2JZ-GTE - Kings Of The Road

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shane* View Post
    If it is mainly chinese crap in that kit I would go with the old saying ''buy cheap, pay twice''
    Got a friend running that turbo and said it’s all good. Would just replace the feed lines and stuff. Just strange as to why he isn’t responding to a simple question: ‘does the shaft wobble’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanj1142 View Post
    Got a friend running that turbo and said it’s all good. Would just replace the feed lines and stuff. Just strange as to why he isn’t responding to a simple question: ‘does the shaft wobble’.

If he's bunged the price up and not answering questions within a reasonable time, move on.

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    Update for anyone interested: spoke to the guy and apparently eBay kept knocking the price down automatically and he didn’t have access to his account so wasn’t aware??? Said it came off a car that was na-t but going to be sold stock and the kit is priced to sell as he bought for 2.5k but hasn’t got time to fit to his own car as he has other projects???

Personally going to give it a miss as I won’t be fitting to my car straight away anyway so may aswell wait and try and source parts by themselves.

Thanks for replies all.