The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock antenna not fully retracting

tayr

Fitted the new antenna today however it doesn’t retract all the way.

If I turn the ignition on and allow to come up halfway and turn the ignition off again it goes down all the way, but if I let it get all the way up to the top it doesn’t go all the way down. It stops about 6-8” up

Any ideas ?? Also - is this height normal? Never had one working so seems a bit high.

I’ve taken the thing apart so many times today I’ve given up for now

https://vimeo.com/348051913

Edited by tayr (see edit history)

Taylor, it looks to me like a mechanical issue. Upon full extension, the very last section is being forced out to its stop. The only thing i can think is the last section is too tight in its sleeve and is locking when it his its stop. I guess you have tried wd40 the sections by the pic of the can in the car.

Taylor, it looks to me like a mechanical issue. Upon full extension, the very last section is being forced out to its stop. The only thing i can think is the last section is too tight in its sleeve and is locking when it his its stop. I guess you have tried wd40 the sections by the pic of the can in the car.

Yeh I did try the wd40 but might give it another go to try and loosen it up, it didn’t feel too tight but I am stronger than a 23 year old Toyota motor