Mkv supra top gear tonight

rg500

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was our car, occasionally puffs abit of black/grey smoke on high boost at 1.8bar. No smoke, no poke and all that :D

[sHOCK][/sHOCK] You should talk the old man in chucking a bit of cash at it for a change and get it sorted then :hide: ;)

Yeah good to see............

Only thing I don't get is Paddy was so genuinely enthusiastic, can't be short of a few quid (for quite some time now!) and yet didn't have/had never had his 'self confessed formative years iconic car'!? I wonder what he does have/has had over the last decade.

That was our car, occasionally puffs abit of black/grey smoke on high boost at 1.8bar. No smoke, no poke and all that :D

To add too Chris's comment I was driving for that segment and we were sat for over 5 minutes with engine running and chucking far too much fuel into it so on first boost it got rid of the excess hence reason for the black puff of smoke

I actually quite enjoyed the segment on the Supra and completely share Chris Harris's views in that I have no doubt that the new Supra is a very good car, I've owned my fair share of BM's and do like them but I also love my Japanese stuff for completely different reasons, they have a certain character to them that this car completely lacks and to have their halo car as a rebodied Z4 with a bunch of fake vents just seems bizarre, especially when Toyota is one of the few companies that could actually afford to do some proper R&D on a new Supra.

I actually quite enjoyed the segment on the Supra and completely share Chris Harris's views in that I have no doubt that the new Supra is a very good car, I've owned my fair share of BM's and do like them but I also love my Japanese stuff for completely different reasons, they have a certain character to them that this car completely lacks and to have their halo car as a rebodied Z4 with a bunch of fake vents just seems bizarre, especially when Toyota is one of the few companies that could actually afford to do some proper R&D on a new Supra.

would you really want a toyota interior in a 57k car?

would you really want a toyota interior in a 57k car?

I'm gunna say yes, that's partly what makes the mk4 iconic, that wrap around dash with everything pointing at you, sure its plastic and in the eyes of most it probably tacky but imo it's what makes the mk4 the mk4. in the ft1 concept the dash looked absolutely awesome, and that was designed by toyota