The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Supra TT RZ-S VVTI Tiptronic BPU

conorj

Make: Toyota

Model: Supra RZ-S

Year: 1998

Facelift: Yes

Mileage: Speedo reads just under 125,000 which is a mixture of miles and kilometres. Car was imported with 114,000 kms (70,000 miles) and converted to read in miles from that point. It has covered 11000 miles since then so total mileage would be at the very most 84,000

MOT remaining: Fresh 12 months (July 2020)

Service history: Some

Car's location: Belfast, UK

Modifications: Yes, but subtle

Good bits: Fantastic overall condition, new OEM parts, very original.

Recent (less than 500 miles ago) service at SSI included -

- Sump dropped then new engine oil and filter

- New cam seals

- New coolant

- Aluminium radiator & autobox cooler

Also I added -

- Meister R Zeta S fully adjustable height and dampening coilovers

- Bola B1 18" Wheels 8.5J (Front) & 9.5J (Rear)

- New OEM facelift Headlights

- Refurbed front indicator lenses

- New OEM HVAC buttons

- Dash panels rubber coating removed and sprayed matt black

- Metal monkey 180mph dials

- New battery (3 year warranty from May 19)

Other aftermarket upgrades since import are -

- BPU

- Sony Bluetooth head unit

- Sony Vibe speakers all round

- Alpine 4 channel amp

- Boot, quarter panels, doors and cabin floor sound deadened (2 Stage - SilentCoat & Dodomat)

- Rear fog light conversion (done correctly using the light cluster)

- Honda s2000 aerial conversion

Bad bits: See description below

PRICE £16,000

I have decided its time to sell my 98 TT Supra. This car is fantastic, I love it and I know if I let it go I will never find one as good again. That being said I am selling because I am just not getting the time to enjoy it properly due to working long hours and having a young family.

The car was originally imported and BPU'd by JM Imports in 2014 for a forum member (Dean - tooquicktostop) who later part exchanged back in against the top secret supra. I purchased it soon after that and drove back to Northern Ireland, which was an absolute pleasure.

Its a brilliant car to drive, it pulls hard through the range. Both turbos engage correctly, with the extra kick around 4k as is expected with BPU. The tiptronic box shifts smoothly and quietly, which for my driving usage has completely won me over compared to a manual. There is no smoke whatsoever on start up. The interior is in excellent condition, the new HVAC buttons and a dash refurb removed any signs of age. The heater blows warm and the A/C is ice cold when required.

Bad points - The paint. There are no dents, dings or rust on the bodywork that I can see however the car is 20 years old and on close inspection you will find a number of age related issues in some areas with the roof and bootlid being the worst. Mostly its little chips in the lacquer or other similar blemishes. A previous owner attempted a rear wiper delete with a bung but has made a very poor job at it. It would need properly filled and painted to be right. At some point in its Japanese history the bonnet has been sprayed and some orange peeling is visible towards the drivers side. I have not had these issues sorted as honestly with a good wax the car looks immaculate and everyone comments on this when they see it.

Again I will definitely be sorry to see this car go but it seems a waste to keep hold of it and not use it often. For anyone looking to travel over from the mainland to collect I work in Belfast so handy for the ferry. I also live about an hour from Dublin docks so that is an option also.

I never got around to making a build thread but should have pics of any work being carried out.

If I have missed anything or you want further info/pics just let me know.

Cheers, Conor

What is the procedure of buying car from Ireland? It's consider as importing? Has anyone bought car from Ireland before please PM me your advise. Much appreciated.

Buying from Northern Ireland is no different from buying from Scotland or Wales... its a UK car. Tax and Insure it and you are done.

Buying from Ireland (south) will involve an import to the UK, same if I was buying from the South into Northern Ireland

What a brilliant, honest and comprehensive advert mate, well done it's rarity! A cracking car clearly well cherished and Dean would of also maintained this meticulously at no expense. Someone will get a steal there.

Good luck with the sale buddy.

Not surprised mate. Do you think the Top Gear Supra episode tonight helped?!

Congrats on a quick sale and best of luck for the future.

/QUOTE]

Cheers bud, no I don't think it so as I had been speaking with the chap already haha.

I definitely think it will help with future cars that come up tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.