The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Afr setup need advice

rg500

Does anyone know if I can adjust the air fuel ratio as running a little rich after na-t conversion I am still running stock injectors and Ecu until I can get it mapped with the 550cc injectors and emanage Ultimate , I just wondered if I can get a controller to alter the afr as have seen the hks afr Controller I just wondered if that would work.

Ok thanks for the advice I will wait until the ecu and injectors are in, the car is running nicely just a little rich showing about 16 on the afr gauge doesn’t go over that would it still be safe to drive like that .

It needs a professional base map to limp it from one location to another.

My advice is disconnect the intercooler pipe from the turbo and throw on an air filter onto the intercooler pipework. So you just air filter into the cooler and bypass the turbo.

It'll run like an NA and is low risk. Problem solved.

Do not drive the car with turbo connected. Run it like an NA then just connect pipework when you get to mapping location.

Intercooler only will be safe. Turbo can not be connected for any reason. Unless you like danger and explosions lol.

If it's 16 AFR then try upping the fuel pressure.

If you don't have a regulator. Nows a good time to buy one.

If that doesn't solve the lean issue with no boost. You have another issue that is non NAt conversion related.

Any AFR controller is just a plaster to avoid proper mapping.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

You can't use an afr controller to resolve your fueling issue for an NAt setup. You need it mapped.

That's why no one is recommending one mate.

Turbo installation isn't just about the afr number. It's about the rev range variation of afr and timing.

Honestly mate lol you can't use an afr controller to resolve fuelling issue you need it mapped.

The fact she is running lean and not rich when you thought it was the other way should have been enough of a wake up call for you to get it mapped by someone who knows what they are doing. Treat the cause, not the symptom.

If you want an AFR controller then have a search, loads of threads out there.